, we're on a mission to create the world’s most innovative, simple and fun (yes, FUN!) business travel apps — and the team is growing! Lola’s high-energy, collaborative and “wicked loving” culture has made it one of Boston’s hottest startups. With former executives from Kayak, HubSpot, TripAdvisor and CarGurus, there is no better place to build something from the ground up and grow your career.
This is a pivotal and exciting time in Lola’s growth, and we’re looking for a hands-on Controller to catalyze and enable rapid business growth. This role is responsible for overseeing all aspects of accounting, including the month-end close process, accounting operations, tax compliance, and cashflow management. The Controller should be comfortable collaborating and partnering with the business to solve problems, and also have the ability and drive to roll up their sleeves and dive into the details.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 10+ years of accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role at a software/SaaS business. Public accounting experience is a strong plus.
- Has experience driving accounting processes, reporting, and systems in support of a startup environment
- Has experience preparing consolidated financial statements across multiple entities, including international accounting
- Takes a hands-on approach and maintains flawless attention to detail
- Is energized by working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with all levels of employees
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Has a strong track record of building and managing successful teams
- Thrives in an environment of constant change
What you’ll be doing:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of accounting to produce timely and accurate financial information for management and external reporting purposes
- Overseeing AP and AR, including collections
- Managing the cash flow forecast
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, including federal, state and municipality tax compliance (in coordination with external tax firm), and managing tax compliance program
- Managing the activities of external providers such as banking, CPA firm, including leading external audit
- Developing and executing the roadmap for processes and controls to scale the accounting function and safeguard assets, applying appropriate revenue recognition principles
- Administering payroll
- Maintaining the cap table and associated option grant and stock based compensation accounting
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.