Logixboard is a cloud platform transforming how the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry operates. Firms currently use paper, spreadsheets, and email to track their customers’ shipments and provide visibility to shippers. They are encumbered by low-tech, hard-to-use solutions that are inefficient and costly.
Our platform integrates with existing back-office applications and serves as a digital customer engagement layer, empowering freight forwarders to do their work more efficiently. Our customers love our platform, and we’re facing tremendous growth this year. Logixboard is a recent graduate of Techstars Seattle, and are looking to expand our team. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a small and fast-growing startup, and transform an entire industry by delighting our customers with powerful and easy-to-use features.
Here's the opportunity we're facing: https://techstars.wistia.com/medias/pjt51xaqux
We’re building our product engineering team here in Seattle, and are looking for our first key hires. These early engineers will have a tremendous impact on our product, with a great sense of ownership and autonomy, and enjoying substantial equity stake in the company and its success. Reporting directly to the CTO, these engineers will own their respective areas, with growth opportunity as either an individual contributor or a manager as the team grows.
Senior Software Engineer / Architect
We’re looking for a talented and experienced software engineer to work closely with our CTO to ensure our platform’s architecture can sustain the tremendous customer growth we’re facing this year.
Our current platform uses a Java Spring backend and an Angular frontend. We use Jenkins for deployments, with a few servers on AWS and MySQL as a backing store. We’d like to revolutionize our platform’s services and build/deployment pipeline, migrating to a more modern infrastructure and deployment model to support our growing team and customer base.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with our CTO and engineering team to architect and design the next evolution of the Logixboard product
- Architect a highly-available API-driven backend architecture and appropriate storage schema for a scaleable, resilient SaaS platform
- Ensure our API has been designed with adequate abstractions so that we can support integrations with various freight forwarder back-of-house systems
- Design and implement compelling features for our revolutionary customer relationship management and data analytics platform for freight forwarders
- Prior experience as a technical lead on a product of substantial scale
- A product-first engineer, understanding how to leverage technology to serve the business and customer opportunity
- Not married to any particular language, framework, or tool - understanding that what’s most important is selecting the right tool for the task at hand
- Passion for evangelizing the best practices for security, operational resiliency, and modern, scalable architecture
- Strong opinions, lightly held - and the experience to back them up
- Knows how to balance technical excellence with getting the job done in the short-term
- Significant experience building for the cloud, and are deeply familiar with at least one cloud provider and its services (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
We should definitely talk if you have...
- Served as a technical lead on a SaaS product
- Prior experience working at a startup
- Familiarity with modern microservice architectures, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with Java enterprise design patterns and architecture