As an Electrical Design Intern at Logic Supply I design digital and analog circuits for our industrial computer products, such as motherboards and expansion cards. I work closely together with other Electrical Engineers in the team. I am engaged in projects from concept to mass production and work closely with internal and external stakeholders to specify, design and test the circuit designs.
This is how you approach your day. You:
- Cooperate with product definition to identify circuit requirements and specifications.
- Research & develop appropriate circuit concepts and approaches to implement target functionality.
- Design digital and analog circuits, including:
- digital circuitry for motherboards
- power systems for the generation of the various motherboard voltages, including PoE supplies.
- microcontroller based circuitry and develop firmware.
- interface circuits for DIO / GPIO / DP / LAN / POE / USB / CAN, etc.
- Develop the layout and/or guide PCB layout designers.
- Collaborate with manufacturing teams to build prototypes.
- Perform electrical testing to validate the functionality.
- Manage development project schedules and ensure circuits are delivered with target functionality and quality for product designs in-house and through partners.
- Develop and maintain all required documentation, such as block diagrams, checklists, manuals, BOMs, and test plans.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of the company’s development processes.
Who we are looking for:
A self-motivated Electrical Design Intern with a very strong foundation in Electrical Engineering. Someone who is enthusiastic about circuit design and thrives at solving Engineering challenges.
This is you!
- You are enrolled in a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree program in Electrical Engineering.
- Some experience designing digital and analog circuits on board level as well as implementing the layout and evaluating circuits on hardware in the lab.
- You have great project management skills.
- You have an eye for detail and quality are important to you.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are very organized and exhibit great analytical skills.
- You love solving Engineering challenges.
Why Logic Supply?
Logic Supply is growing, and we're offering you the opportunity to grow with us! At Logic Supply you'll join our ambitious team, guided by our core values. We operate in an open environment, which extends to everything from our open salary policy and open office layout, to our commitment to having open and honest conversations about all aspects of our work and culture.
We strive to be fair in the decisions we make and the way we treat one another while encouraging input and feedback from every member of our team. Innovation is vital to our continued growth, and we depend on every team member to take initiative and ownership of both their own, and the company's success. At Logic Supply you'll have the opportunity to truly build the future of technology while building your own career.
- A Paid Internship where you will gain applicable working experience and be part of a dynamic team
- Developmental opportunities, designed specifically for intern associates
- Flexible hours during school semesters in Fall and Spring
- Comprehensive training, learning multiple facets of your department/function
- Opportunities for full time employment after graduation
- Career advancement opportunities
Who is Logic Supply?
We are an independent, privately held industrial computer company designing highly-configurable computers engineered for reliability. Our systems operate in the harshest environments and power innovation in the evolving Internet of Things. Fueled by a unique direct-to-customer business model that combines vertical integration, modular product design and a powerful online platform, Logic Supply offers computers “designed to last, built to order, and delivered in days.” Founded in 2003, we've helped more than 70,000 customers solve their most difficult hardware challenges from offices in North America, Europe, and Taiwan. See why today’s technology innovators choose to "Build It With Logic" at www.logicsupply.com
and on Twitter @LogicSupply.
Ready to join the team? Great! Tell us more about who you are by applying on our website
, with your resume and cover letter addressed to the HR Team.
Check us out on Glassdoor
for actual reviews from current employees and applicants.