As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Logic Supply, you build and execute testing plans that push the boundaries of web applications to uncover vulnerabilities in our platform. You are an essential member of the team, and use your experience to train others throughout the company on new features.
The tests that you are responsible for are built in collaboration with software developers and cross-functional stakeholders. It is with this mix of perspectives that you produce not only working software, but software that is fit for a purpose. You are responsible for owning and implementing a robust testing strategy and processes that promotes continuous delivery workflows; taking into consideration the potential impacts on all departments. You use clear communication and follow-up on bugs and inefficiencies found, while providing sound reasoning for the importance of suggested changes.
This is how you approach your day. You:
- Design test plans for newly developed features on our e-commerce site and internal ERP system.
- Maintain existing test plans and use as a resource for regression testing and feature enhancement testing.
- Execute functional test plans and document bugs, feedback, etc.
- Incorporate automated testing solutions where applicable.
- Analyze impact of bugs and gather context on what environment factors are influencing the issue.
- Dig into possible causes of bugs by investigating configurations, logs, etc.
- Collaborate with developers on how to replicate bugs and explain context on how this impacts a user.
- Communicate with the development team on upcoming projects to help shape direction with your user-experience POV.
- Stay up-to-date on how our users are working with the systems and the challenges they face as a result of the applications.
- Offer usage guidance to users on problems that they anticipate will require development effort to correct.
- Keep your industry knowledge current and use it to drive QA process changes to increase efficiency and quality.
- Train users as new features are released to the company and organize feedback for future change requests.
Who we are looking for:
An experienced Quality Assurance Software Tester who is comfortable with clarifying customer requirements to build solid use cases which will improve our software testing process. Someone who is energized by a fast growing company with changing needs and quickly pivoting priorities. Someone who is excited to engage users in mastering our systems and encouraging constructive feedback. Our ideal candidate will not only be analytical and technically adept, but also possess unit testing automation experience that will help us transform Logic Supply’s current QA processes.
This is you!
- You have at least two years relevant experience in user workflow testing
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- You have spent one or more years working in an Agile environment
- You have experience with automated testing
- You are technically minded and have a natural ability to pick-up on new processes quickly and efficiently
- You have effective communication skills, especially in delivering critical feedback in a constructive way
- You have a desire to hold yourself and others accountable to high quality standards
- You can think independently and act proactively
- You have great attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively
- You have strong knowledge of web application testing and or web service testing
- You have strong familiarity with all stages of the software development life cycle as well as Software QA testing including system, integration, unit testing, regression testing, performance and user acceptance testing
- You have the ability to write and understand basic SQL queries to perform data verification and setup test data
- You have demonstrated knowledge of operating systems including Linux
- You have experience with QA tools and techniques, and bug tracking systems (e.g. JIRA)
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment with shifting priorities and possesses a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Why Logic Supply?
Logic Supply is growing, and we're offering you the opportunity to grow with us! At Logic Supply you'll join our ambitious team, guided by our core values. We operate in an open environment, which extends to everything from our open salary policy and open office layout, to our commitment to having open and honest conversations about all aspects of our work and culture.
We strive to be fair in the decisions we make and the way we treat one another while encouraging input and feedback from every member of our team. Innovation is vital to our continued growth, and we depend on every team member to take initiative and ownership of both their own, and the company's success. At Logic Supply you'll have the opportunity to truly build the future of technology while building your own career.
- A competitive Salary and comprehensive Benefits package
- 401k Plan with 3% Employer Safe Harbor Contribution
- Participation in the Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave, and Short & Long Term Disability
- Optional Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Open ears for innovations and ideas
- A personal development plan created to help you (and us) grow
- Incredibly awesome colleagues, fun working environment and serious responsibilities
Who is Logic Supply?
We are an independent, privately held industrial computer company designing highly-configurable computers engineered for reliability. Our systems operate in the harshest environments and power innovation in the evolving Internet of Things. Fueled by a unique direct-to-customer business model that combines vertical integration, modular product design and a powerful online platform, Logic Supply offers computers “designed to last, built to order, and delivered in days.” Founded in 2003, we've helped more than 70,000 customers solve their most difficult hardware challenges from offices in North America, Europe, and Taiwan. See why today’s technology innovators choose to "Build It With Logic" at www.logicsupply.com
and on Twitter @LogicSupply.
Ready to join the team? Great! Tell us more about who you are by applying on our website
, with your resume and cover letter addressed to the HR Team.
Check us out on Glassdoor
for actual reviews from current employees and applicants.