As an ODM Electrical Engineer at Logic Supply, you define, develop, review, test and modify circuit designs for our computer product lines, such as motherboards and expansion cards in cooperation with external partners (ODMs) as well as internal stakeholders. You are engaged in projects from concept to end of life (EOL).
This is how you approach your day. You:
- Define product requirements and specification jointly with Product Managers.
- Research & develop appropriate architecture and circuit concepts to implement target functionality for motherboards or expansion cards. Conceptualize architectures and platforms for new technology generations in a way that maximizes reuse between the various motherboard / expansion card developments and minimizes NRE costs and development timelines.
- Technically manage and oversee design work done at our partners (i.e. ODM) by
- ensuring Logic Supply standards and requirements are followed during the design phase
- having partners establish EVT / DVT / PVT test plans that provide adequate coverage
- performing in depth reviews of the schematic, layout, test results, etc.
- Hold regular meetings with Logic Supply Project Managers as well as internal and external technical counterparts in the interest of on time delivery of new developments with target quality. Cooperate with ODMs on problem solving and corrective action where required.
- Perform digital and partly analog circuits as needed, including:
- high speed motherboard design (processor DRAM interface, high speed buses)
- microcontroller based circuitry and develop firmware.
- interface circuits for DIO / GPIO / DP / LAN / POE / USB / CAN, etc.
- power systems for the generation of the various motherboard voltages, including PoE supplies.
- Perform testing as needed to ensure functionality and quality.
- Develop and maintain all required documentation, such as block diagrams, checklists, manuals, BOMs, and test plans.
- Manage post launch activities such as ECOs, Sustaining, Board spins, etc.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of the company’s development processes.
Who we are looking for:
A self-motivated and experienced Circuit Design Engineer with a strong background in motherboard development. You have experience in working with and technically managing external development partners. Someone who is enthusiastic about product development and thrives at solving Engineering challenges.
This is you!
- You have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- You have 5+ years experience in high speed digital design or in PC System / Motherboard Industry.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English.
- You have experience in working with external development partners (ODMs).
- You have expertise regarding design for EMC and ESD immunity
- You have experience in PCB layout, signal integrity, simulation, and validation testing.
- You have great project management skills. You have an eye for detail and quality is important to you.
- You are very organized and exhibit great analytical skills. You love solving Engineering challenges.
- You enjoy working with global teams and can comfortably manage tasks and priorities with teams that are not physically in the same location with you.
Why Logic Supply?
Logic Supply is growing, and we're offering you the opportunity to grow with us! At Logic Supply you'll join our ambitious team, guided by our core values. We operate in an open environment, which extends to everything from our open salary policy and open office layout, to our commitment to having open and honest conversations about all aspects of our work and culture.
We strive to be fair in the decisions we make and the way we treat one another while encouraging input and feedback from every member of our team. Innovation is vital to our continued growth, and we depend on every team member to take initiative and ownership of both their own, and the company's success. At Logic Supply you'll have the opportunity to truly build the future of technology while building your own career.
- Competitive Salary and benefits package.
- Participation in the annual profit share of the company.
- Possibility to join the internal employee stock purchase plan.
- Open ears for innovations and ideas.
- A personal development plan created to help you (and us) grow.
- Great colleagues and working environment.
Who is Logic Supply?
We are an independent, privately held industrial computer company designing highly-configurable computers engineered for reliability. Our systems operate in the harshest environments and power innovation in the evolving Internet of Things. Fueled by a unique direct-to-customer business model that combines vertical integration, modular product design and a powerful online platform, Logic Supply offers computers “designed to last, built to order, and delivered in days.” Founded in 2003, we've helped more than 70,000 customers solve their most difficult hardware challenges from offices in North America, Europe, and Taiwan. See why today’s technology innovators choose to "Build It With Logic" at www.logicsupply.com
and on Twitter @LogicSupply.
Ready to join the team? Great! Tell us more about who you are by applying on our website
, with your resume and cover letter addressed to the HR Team.
Check us out on Glassdoor
for actual reviews from current employees and applicants.