As a BIOS and Firmware Engineer at Logic Supply you are in charge of BIOS creation for our own computer motherboards. You are also responsible for firmware/software code development tasks for the various microcontroller (MCU) applications across our own products including motherboards and expansion cards. You engage in the projects from the concept phase, through development, prototype build and validation all the way through volume production.
This is how you tackle your day. You:
- Work with Product definition and product design team to define BIOS specifications.
- Develop UEFI BIOS and support internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Work with Product definition and product design team to identify and document the microcontroller firmware BIOS requirements.
- Code and debug MCU firmware.
- Work with manufacturing to build prototypes for evaluation.
- Validate function of BIOS & firmware on prototypes.
- Perform RTOS porting and development of the device drivers.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of the company’s development processes.
Who we are looking for:
A self-motivated BIOS / Firmware Engineer with proven experience in developing BIOS for computer motherboards and firmware development for micro controllers. Someone who is enthusiastic about software development and thrives at solving Engineering challenges.
This is you!
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software or Electrical Engineering.
- You have a minimum of 5 years BIOS/Firmware development experience.
- You have a strong background in software design with C, Assembly.
- You have a good understanding of PC hardware architectures, BIOS and Linux.
- You have familiarity with industry standards, such as ACPI, SMBIOS, PCIe.
- You have experience with microcontrollers, their architecture and operation.
- You have a strong engineering aptitude for electronic/electrical systems.
- You understand schematics for software/hardware integration.
- You have experience in embedded firmware, and debugging using JTAG based debuggers & analyzers.
- You have detail oriented skills with a focus on quality.
Why Logic Supply?
We offer you an opportunity to growth with us. You will be part of an ambitious, values driven and hardworking team. At Logic Supply you are working in an open and transparent culture. Innovation is key to our success and everybody takes initiative and ownership of their work. Communication is direct and everybody, including the owners, are open to your feedback and ideas.
- A competitive Salary and comprehensive Benefits package
- 401k Plan with 3% Employer Safe Harbor Contribution
- Participation in the Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave, and Short & Long Term Disability
- Optional Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Open ears for innovations and ideas
- A personal development plan created to help you (and us) grow
- Incredibly awesome colleagues, fun working environment and serious responsibilities
Who is Logic Supply?
We are a leading Industrial PC company, Logic Supply designs highly-configurable computers engineered for reliability. Our systems operate in the harshest environments and power innovation in the evolving Internet of Things. Fueled by a unique direct-to-customer business model that combines vertical integration, modular product design and a powerful online platform, Logic Supply offers computers “designed to last, built to order, and delivered in days.” Founded in 2003, the company has served more than 60,000 customers. Logic Supply has offices in North America, Europe, and Taiwan. See why today’s technology companies Depend on Logic at www.logicsupply.com
and on Twitter @LogicSupply
Ready to join the team? Great! Tell us more about who you are by applying on our website
, with your resume and cover letter addressed to the HR Team.
Check us out on Glassdoor
for actual reviews from current employees and applicants.