LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company on a mission.
We believe easy-to-use, flexible technology can alter the trajectory of an organization and improve the lives of its employees. It’s this very spirit that drives us to build and deliver a SaaS platform that brings unprecedented clarity, collaboration, and accountability to our clients’ governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) processes. Join our fast-growing, passionate team of innovators as we continue to disrupt the multi-billion-dollar GRC industry.
As an intern of the LogicGate engineering team you will help build the core LogicGate platform. The stack is wide so the specific focus of your time will be driven by your interests and areas of expertise – we want our engineers to feel passionate about their work. Exciting challenges will confront you daily as you develop functionality to enhance the application’s core API, orchestrate a system of associated services, architect efficient data models, create robust user interfaces, and experiment with new technologies.
Our summer internships are a full-time, 10 week paid commitment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Gain a wide breadth of knowledge in the entire LogicGate stack. This includes frontend, backend, and DevOps
- Work closely with experienced software engineers to establish solid software engineering fundamentals
- Write tests to facilitate an efficient development cycle and a reliable application
- Collaborate with a small team to implement new ideas
- You are a junior currently enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate program OR a recent bootcamp graduate
- You have strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude with a keen eye for detail
- You’re organized and can manage multiple priorities simultaneously
What we use:
- Work: Jira - Slack - Gitlab - G Suite
- Back: Spring Boot - Java 8 - Kotlin - Neo4j
- Front: TypeScript - Angular - SCSS - HTML
- Ops: AWS - Consul - Nomad - Ansible - Terraform - Docker
- Phone Interview
- Take home short answer question and coding challenge
- Onsite interview
At LogicGate, every member of our team moves the needle. With a firm footing in our core company values, we’ve built a fast-paced, demanding work culture that allows for the flexibility, autonomy, and career opportunities you’d expect from a growing company.
We offer competitive benefits including:
- Weekly catered lunches
- Open-concept office space featured in ChicagoInno’s Office Envy Series
- Mother’s room, standing desks, company keg
- The chance to make an immediate impact and do the best work of your life
LOGICGATE’S CORE VALUES
- Own It - Be self-driven, entrepreneurial, and efficient
- Raise the Bar - Challenge complacency and mediocrity; be adaptable and agile; details matter
- Be As One - Trust, collaborate, and support; invest in co-workers and clients
- Embrace Curiosity - Always be learning, be curious and share; be humbled but not embarrassed by mistakes
- Do the Right Thing - Act with integrity, even when no one is looking; be transparent
- Empower Clients - Create solutions where customers win
At LogicGate, we value diversity of culture and background for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. LogicGate is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Different makes us better.
This position is open to applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.