Through the micro-services (FKA: service-orientated architecture) and serverless movements, one thing is clear, everything in the cloud is becoming smaller and more distributed. As this occurs, there is a greater need for glue to hold all these pieces together.
LocoNoco is building this glue, what we call the world’s first “choreography layer for microservices and serverless functions”.
We’re doing this by first building a development platform that offers simplicity, re-usability, and portability of business-logic components in an era of smart, automated processes. Our framework makes it possible for developers to work collaboratively on Robotic Process Automation (RPA), smart contracts, rules-based expert systems, and AI on a global scale.
We’re a diverse product centric team of designers, scientists, PhDs and college dropouts — all bound by intellectual curiosity, aptitude, and drive.
We don’t want rockstars, ninjas, or pirates, we want to build a team and culture of diverse identities and backgrounds that value integrity, curiosity, design, execution, and accountability. If this fits your description — we’d love to chat.
LocoNoco is currently seeking a Java Software Engineer with recognized proficiency with using rules engines to become part of a fast-growing, high-powered team. If you're interested in artificial intelligence and rules engines and how they can fundamentally change the business landscape, this is the role for you.
This is a unique opportunity for a technologist with a customer centric mindset. You will be working closely with management and our software development team. As a Java Software Engineer, your primary role will be to work on the back-end + infrastructure of our tech stack.
- 3+ years software development experience.
- Experience with KIE / Drools / JBPM or other rules frameworks
- Great working knowledge of json, json.schema, validation, etc.
- Exposure to ecommerce APIs
- Past integration experience between ecommerce APIs
- Exposure to Agile process
- AWS environment skills
- Experience with Angular and React
- Linux administration skills
We’re looking for colleagues who:
- Love building products
- Curious + Enjoys experiments
- Appreciate good design and simplicity
- Love teaching and learning from others
- Accountable and takes initiative
- Comfortable with agile environment
- A culture that values inclusivity and diversity
- The challenge of joining a small and growing team solving important problems
- Competitive salary and equity
- Beautiful Vancouver office &/or the ability to work remotely
- Computer hardware of choice
- 70,000 - 130,000
- 0.00 - 0.1%
LocoNoco is committed to creating a culture of diversity and inclusivity. We want to build a team and culture of diverse identities and backgrounds that value integrity, curiosity, design, execution, and accountability. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply including but not limited to visible minorities, underrepresented sexual minority groups, women, and persons with disabilities.