** This is a remote position**
In this role, you will also collaborate with other Localize team members to diagnose and resolve bugs and issues within the product, and assist with writing specs for and building out platform customizations for new customers onboarding onto our platform.
New Feature Development
- Implementing new features within Localize’s core product
- Help define new product requirements & specifications
- Cleanly and efficiently incorporate new functionality/features alongside of closely related existing functionality
- Writing frontend code within the Backbone.js framework to build new UI/UX, including Handlebars templating and CSS
- Create, modify, extend Node.js backend APIs to power new functionality and features
Maintenance, Scalability, and Reliability
- Collaborate with other remote developers, participate in peer-reviews, review pull requests from other developers on the team
- Diagnose and resolve bugs within the existing codebase
- Refactoring complex or problematic code as needed to improve long-term maintainability, scalability and extensibility of the codebase
- Build upon our test suite with new unit and integration tests
- Analyze high-traffic / high-volume areas of the system to identify opportunities to improve scalability and optimize performance (analyzing & optimizing high-volume database queries, refactoring logic of critical systems to optimize CPU time and query load on datastores)
Internal Support & Sales Collaboration
- Assist other team members with diagnosing customer issues (diagnosing the cause of bugs and assisting with resolving them)
- Support other team members with sales activities such as spec’ing out and implementing platform customizations for new sales prospects
Experience with these specific technologies is a plus, but not strictly required.
- Datastores: MongoDB (Mongoose.js ODM), Redis, S3.
- Infrastructure: AWS: Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, Elasticache, Cloudfront, Route53, etc.
- DevOps / Misc: Git/Github, Jira, CircleCI, Mocha, GhostInspector, Browserstack.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 6+ years experience building, deploying, and maintaining large-scale complex software systems or applications
- Experience writing, maintaining, and integrating REST APIs written in Node.js
- Experience building and maintaining high-traffic APIs, writing performant code, and crafting efficient database queries
- Willingness to spend time learning and working with complex systems and legacy code
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable, analytical thinker who can work autonomously
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies
This position is only open to applicants who reside in and are eligible to work in the US.
Our Localize TMS platform is used by 500+ companies to translate websites and applications into other languages. We help companies like Trello to translate their help center (https://help.trello.com/
), Tinder to translate their blog (https://blog.gotinder.com/
), and RocketMiles to translate their web app (https://www.rocketmiles.com/
) - to see our product in action, click any of those links and use the website's language switcher to switch from English to another language.
We are a team of ~10 people working fully remote. We offer competitive pay, a full benefits package, and a culture with emphasis on work + life balance.