LIVunLtd is a global luxury brand specializing in all facets of the service experience, delivered on-site, off-site or a combination of the two. We are a collection of four established industry-leaders coming together to create the first genuine, single-source amenity solution. Our services are retained by the most iconic residential, commercial and hotel properties in New York City and beyond to provide an elevated level of hospitality through amenity space activation and management, fitness and wellness programming, spa management and five-star concierge services.
LIVunLtd is currently seeking experienced, energetic and exceptional Rock Wall Instructors to join our growing team! Rock Wall Instructors at LIVunLtd educate, motivate and have a blast, all while teaching their scheduled lessons. Whether it be on a weekly or daily basis, Rock Wall Instructors are expected to provide an encouraging voice and energetic personality when leading exercise activities.
- Prepare and provide adequate warm-up, class content, stretching and cool down.
- Implements and adjusts lesson plans for climbing programs to ensure the individual needs and goals of participants are met, with their personal skill levels taken into consideration.
- Provides organized climbing instruction in a safety-focused atmosphere to both youths and adults.
- Monitors climbing area to ensure safety procedures are adhered to by climbers and spectators.
- Explains and demonstrates correct usage of climbing equipment and facility features.
- Educate class participants on correct form and alternate moves during the fitness routine; assist with adjustments as needed.
- Stay current with fitness trends and adjust to the needs and wants of each residential building.
- Attentively listen to members, answer questions, and engage in conversation before and after classes.
- Clean and organize studio as needed, before / after each group fitness class.
- Set a positive tone and appropriate level of energy for class type.
- Adhere and adapt to all current and new LIVunLtd policy, procedures and initiatives.
- Report any unsafe conditions or situations that require attention to your manager.
- Wear corporate / building approved uniform for each specific LIVunLtd location where you are working.
- Perform other additional duties and responsibilities specific to the location / building and upon the request of your manager.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous rock climbing and indoor climbing gym experience.
- Experience instructing climbing programs to both youth and adults.
- Infant/Child and Adult CPR/AED certification.
- Ability to occasionally scale climbing wall structure.
- Top rope belay certification, lead climb and belay certification.
- Ability to routinely and repetitively bend to lift more than 20 lbs.
- Self starters will excel in our fast paced work environment.
- Enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
AS A MEMBER OF THE LIVunLtd TEAM YOU CAN EXPECT
- Growth opportunities
- A fun, friendly, professional working environment
- Competitive compensation within industry standards
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
LIVunLtd is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit our website.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.