OETA, the state PBS network for Oklahoma, located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, seeks an exceptional communicator with a background in managing a large budget to be their next Director of External Relations.
This position will assist the Executive Director in managing the day-to-day performance and outcomes for fundraising programs and services, including pledge drives, web, and social media techniques, special event fundraising and membership service. The successful candidate will manage all vendors and associated contracts for direct marketing, database and list services, as well as manage budget, expense and reporting of fundraising programs and outcomes.
This position manages related and interdependent projects by allocating resources, prioritizing efforts, resolving issues, maintaining the job‐related projects and aligning goals and strategies in an integrated manner. The successful candidate will direct policy for Friends of OETA Board approval, supervise the Friends of OETA budget and oversee the Friends of OETA annual audit as required by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- Experience in broadcasting, executive business leadership, or public administration.
- Moderate to seasoned level of nonprofit fundraising experience in annual fund campaigns using a variety of direct response techniques.
- Budgeting and fiscal management skills for projecting, tracking and meeting income targets.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to administer projects and deadlines effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, as demonstrated by a cover letter to the application.
- Strong familiarity with current best practices in fund raising for public media.
Strongly Desired Qualifications
- Experience in working with governmental and/or non‐profit public media entities.
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the process of performing assigned duties. Analyze and interpret policies and procedures to formulate, develop and present recommendation to resolve problems. Describe ethical guidelines applicable to the position as outlined by the professional organizations, and/or Federal, State, Local laws, rules and regulations, including FCC rules and regulations.
- Proficiency working with customer relationship management software (CRM) such as Blackbaud, Razor’s Edge, TEAMApproach, or Ellucian Advance.
- Three years of experience serving as executive support to a non‐profit Board of Directors.
The Oklahoma Educational Television Authority (OETA) is a state network of PBS member television stations serving the state of Oklahoma. The authority operates as a statutory corporation that holds the licenses for all of the PBS stations operating in the state; it is managed by an independent board of gubernatorial appointees, and university and education officials, which is linked to the executive branch of the Oklahoma state government through the State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
The broadcast signals of the four full-power and fourteen low-power translator stations comprising the network cover the entire state, as well as fringe areas of Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, and Texas near the Oklahoma state line.
OETA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.