Live Planet, Inc. develops infrastructural technologies to enable next-generation video applications. Live Planet was founded by serial entrepreneur Halsey Minor, who to date has founded or co-founded technology companies that have created over $100 billion in cumulative value, including: CNET, Uphold, Salesforce, Google Voice, OpenDNS, and Vignette.
Live Planet's solutions include:
- The Live Planet VR System: the only end-to-end capture, distribution, and monetization system for immersive video. The Live Planet System makes it easy, practical, and affordable to create and deliver stereoscopic VR and 360° video, whether live or recorded, allowing creators to focus on their productions and applications. (www.LivePlanet.net)
- The VideoCoin Network: video infrastructure for a blockchain-enabled Internet. The VideoCoin Network is a decentralized video encoding, storage, and content distribution system that turns all cloud-based video services into an efficient algorithmic market running on a new blockchain with a native protocol token, the VideoCoin. (www.VideoCoin.io)
At VideoCoin Network, we believe great software engineers can build anything and we are looking to bring on a great full-stack engineer to our team building the world’s first decentralized video infrastructure platform.
- Work on our cutting edge full-stack solution that powers VideoCoin Network, VideoCoin Studio and build next generation video processing infrastructure powered by the blockchain.
- VideoCoin Network is powered by a stack that includes Ethereum, React, Go, Docker, Kubernetes, Node, MariaDB, Grafana, SQL and Terraform.
- Our flexible team structure allows you to craft your career path by picking a subset of our task to specialize or learn new technologies that are not in your skillset.
- Work closely with CTO, VP of Engineering and Head of Blockchain technology on cross functional, industry-defining projects.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of full stack software development experience
- Experience with nginx, redis, rabbitmq, celery, Google Cloud or AWS
- Experience working with Terraform is a plus
- Understanding of Video a big plus
- Understanding of Cryptography, Blockchain and certificate management technologies like Kerberos is a big plus
- Experience working in a dynamic startup environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail