Live Planet, Inc. develops infrastructural technologies to enable next-generation video applications. Live Planet was founded by serial entrepreneur Halsey Minor, who to date has founded or co-founded technology companies that have created over $100 billion in cumulative value, including: CNET, Uphold, Salesforce, Google Voice, OpenDNS, and Vignette.
Live Planet's solutions include:
- The Live Planet VR System: the only end-to-end capture, distribution, and monetization system for immersive video. The Live Planet System makes it easy, practical, and affordable to create and deliver stereoscopic VR and 360° video, whether live or recorded, allowing creators to focus on their productions and applications. (www.LivePlanet.net)
- The VideoCoin Network: video infrastructure for a blockchain-enabled Internet. The VideoCoin Network is a decentralized video encoding, storage, and content distribution system that turns all cloud-based video services into an efficient algorithmic market running on a new blockchain with a native protocol token, the VideoCoin. (www.VideoCoin.io)
- Own end-to-end testing and QA life cycle for VideoCoin Network - a blockchain powered decentralized video infrastructure platform
- Automate complex blockchain protocol testing using Python, Web3 and Node.js
- Investigating bugs using applicable tools and evidence from system and application logs
- Collaborating with various engineers in debugging and root causing software issues on a variety of platforms
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering to define and execute a QA plan for a world class product.
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of working in software testing with automated QA
- Creating and maintaining clear test cases and plans that focus on integration, regression, and performance testing
- Writing scripts in languages such as Python or Bash
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to report issues found and how they should be prioritized
- Ability to work cross-functionally among development and product teams
- Blockchain/Ethereum experience is not required, but is a strong plus
Desired Experiences and Skills:
- Development or testing for one or more of the following platforms: Linux based systems (systemd), Web3, Ethereum, Java Script
- Media related concepts such as video codecs and streaming, and related tools is a strong plus
- Creating automation frameworks and working with automated testing tools such as PyTest or Selenium
- Working and configuration of Atlassian tools, namely Jira and Confluence
Live Planet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.