Lingokids mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through playlearning™. To help us create, own and maintain our vision for great kids experiences that are fun and convey educational values, we’re looking for an exceptional Kids Game Designer that will be joining our Interactive team, located in our HQ in sunny Madrid (Spain).
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 12 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality… if you feel this dream could be your dream too, continue reading!
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
Our Kids Game Designer will be a promoter for kids' experience of interaction, but above all, of kids’ fun. This is a fundamental position to us because you will be playing a significant role in the creation of the fun, educational, and unique content that our platform offers.
Some of the most challenging and exciting things of this role are:
- Designing entertaining, intuitive and educational game experiences for kids.
- Developing design documentation and keeping it up to date.
- Creating sketches, paper and digital prototypes.
- Assisting and working collaboratively with artists, animators, developers and educators.
- Understanding the particularities, motivations and expectations of children, from 2 to 8 years old, regarding games.
- Conducting and leading user test sessions with children to improve our product.
- Studying, synthesizing and communicating observations to the team.
Are you our Kids Game Designer?
The ideal teammate for us would be someone experienced in designing games for kids 2 to 8 years old, and who has a genuine passion for creating high quality educational content for kids, as it is fundamental to be successful in the role.
Creativity and out of the box thinking will be extremely useful for this role, and it would also be great if you have had experience designing games with Unity before, as it would help you ramp up faster in this challenge. Some experience in testing and usability would come in handy too.
Lastly, English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.
If you are the ONE, we have a lot to offer...
We are not perfect, but we are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every Lingoer loves what they do. These are some of the things we offer you for being a Lingoer:
- Competitive Salary: The range for this role is between 25000 and 32000€ gross per year.
- Visa Sponsorship: We will fully-sponsor a visa to come work with us if needed.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Flexible Hours & Remote working: We care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
- The gear you need, whether it’s mac or windows, a big screen or a laptop stand. Whatever you need to do your job, we get it for you.
- Diverse Environment: Gender balanced and multicultural team with 16+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Training: we support you to get better at your job with all the books, conferences and training you need. Including language lessons at the office in ES, EN & PT
- Breakfast, Snacks & Drinks + Fridays Lunch: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits. On Fridays, Lingokids pays for lunch.
- Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
If any of this rings a bell, let’s chat!