Lingokids mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world. To help us on this mission and continue building a superb user experience for both kids and parents, we're looking for a well-rounded Sr Frontend Developer that wants to join us in our HQ located in sunny Spain or work from their hometown.
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 12 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality… if you feel this dream could be your dream too, keep reading!
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
The Senior Frontend Engineer is part of the team responsible for designing, writing and testing clean code that helps our product reach more than 12M families around the world. This is a fundamental role to us because it allows us to offer and engaging, entertaining and educational experience to kids and their parents all around the world, being part of their adventure of learning.
Some of the most challenging and exciting things of this role are:
- Work alongside tech designers, backend engineers, data scientist and product managers to iterate on new features from our product roadmap.
- Designing, writing and testing code using design patterns.
- Diagnose and fix bugs. Address bottleneck other colleagues.
- Join the future and write apps that work on every platform.
Are you our Senior Frontend Engineer?
The ideal teammate for us would be someone with hands on experience in React Native, but we are also happy to help you ramp up as long as you are experienced with React and want to go mobile. It is difficult to put a number to it, but for a senior role we expect you to have worked for at least 5 years creating, fixing, maintaining, and expanding mobile and/or web apps.
We love to find simple, elegant solutions to complex problems and we are all motivated to learn, grow, and to be part of a team with a purpose. We frequently reach out to the open source community and we expect you to do it too: React Native moves fast and can break things, we need to stay plugged into the state of the art.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate flawlessly.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.
If you are the ONE, we have a lot to offer...
We are not perfect, but we are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every Lingoer loves what they do. These are some of the things we offer you for being a Lingoer:
- Competitive Salary: The range for this role is between 41k€ and 55k€ gross per year.
- Visa Sponsorship: We will fully-sponsor a visa to come work with us if needed.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Flexible Hours & Remote working: We care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
- The gear you need, whether it’s mac or windows, a big screen or a laptop stand. Whatever you need to do your job, we get it for you.
- Diverse Environment: Gender balanced and multicultural team with 16+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Training: we support you to get better at your job with all the books, conferences and training you need. Including language lessons at the office in ES, EN & PT
- Breakfast, Snacks & Drinks + Fridays Lunch: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits. On Fridays, Lingokids pays for lunch.
- Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
If any of this rings a bell, let’s chat!