Lingokids mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world. In order to help us on this mission and continue building a superb user experience for both kids and parents, we’re looking for an exceptional React Native Developer that will be joining our HQ located in sunny Spain.
We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online language learning service for kids. With fresh content - games, books, videos, interactive episodes, etc - every week, we are helping more than 11M families and their children around the world learn English in a fun and effective way. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100M families and we’re working hard to make it a reality. Our talented team of product designers, software engineers, and content producers tweak and improve our product daily, while incorporating feedback from our customers.
As a Senior React Native Engineer you will be responsible for designing, writing and testing clean code that helps our product reach more than 11M families around the world.
You will also get to work on:
- Work alongside the UX/UI team, the Backend Engineering team, and Product Managers to iterate on new features
- Designing, writing and testing code using design patterns
- Diagnose and fix bugs. Address bottlenecks to deliver performance that feels fully native
- Reach out to the open source community. React Native moves fast and can break things, stay plugged into the state of the art
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses
- Yes, we have our coding standards and you will love them
- Play an active role in hiring, mentoring and career development of other
- Join the future and write apps that work in every platform
- Are relentless in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Have 5+ years experience creating, fixing, maintaining, and expanding mobile and/or web apps
- You understand functional programming, composition, currying, etc
- You’re comfortable working without jQuery
- GIT version control (good knowledge)
- Are experienced working at a fast-paced, small technology company
- Consider yourself highly autonomous; Have strong decision-making and execution with imperfect information
- Feel motivated to learn and grow, but specially to be part of a team with a purpose
We are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every team member loves what they do. Check some of the perks and benefits of working in the EU and being a Lingoer.
- Visa Sponsorship: If needed, we will fully-sponsor an EU visa to come work with us.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Flexible Hours: Busy parent, or night owl? We get it. 9 to 5 is not for all of us either.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- International Office: Multicultural team with 17+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Free books & training: we support you get better at job with any book and trainings you need.
- Language Lessons: We offer language lessons in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
- Unlimited Snacks & Drinks: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits.
- Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
- Fridays Lunch & Learn: Weekly all-hands gathering to lunch and learn from each other.
If any of this rings a bell let’s chat!