Lingokids’ mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world. We have currently 11 million families using the product, but we want to get to 100 million. In order to help us with this goal, we are looking for a Mid Data Analyst that will join our HQ in sunny Spain.
We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online language learning service for kids. With fresh content - games, books, videos, interactive episodes, etc - every week, we are helping more than 11M families and their children around the world learn English in a fun and effective way. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100M families and we’re working hard to make it a reality. Our talented team of product designers, software engineers, and content producers tweak and improve our product daily, while incorporating feedback from our customers.
You should be a sharp, curious, and an autonomous fast-paced analytical individual who has a passion for going deep into data and understanding of how kids and parents use our service, and which are the opportunities to improve our product.
You will work with Product team and your insights will mainly influence how we make business decisions and build our growth strategies, but also drive UX through contents, features, and communication.
You will make your own cycle of data extraction, data analysis, data interpretation, summarizing data through presentations and visualizations, making recommendations, communicating to the team.
In addition, you will be responsible for statistical analyses, data transformations and presentation of relevant assessments related to user behaviour, process metrics and outcomes measurements.
You will also get to work on:
- Keep a pulse on day-to-day performance KPIs
- Build compelling data visualizations to communicate data-driven insights.
- Generating relevant and clear insights, identify and clearly articulates recommendations drawn from data.
- Work with data engineering team to ensure the effectiveness and accuracy of our data.
- Requesting new data points. When the team is about making new contents/ features, check to see if we are missing important data points for capturing necessary UX.
- Owning data definition. Making clear, attainable, and consistent definition for data and communicate to the team to have a quality data driven decision making environment.
- Work with our engineers and data scientists to support the development of system and process enhancements to support predictive models.
- Support ad-hoc analysis as: impact analysis, data inconsistencies investigation, experiment results interpretation etc.
- Have a degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or another quantitative discipline.
- Have experience developing business analytical solutions, using databases and analytic tools, ideally in a Startup environment for at least 3 years.
- Have experience in the data extract, transform and load process including data cleansing and quality review.
- Have proficiency with SQL and any data viz tool.
- You are experienced working with data mining, data discovery and/or modeling tool.
- Feel comfortable working with statistical models and advanced analytics methods.
- Are always curious and enthusiastic about learning new analytical methods.
- Have worked with large volumes of data and have Strong decision-making with imperfect information.
- Speak english fluently.
PERKS & BENEFITS
We are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every team member loves what they do. Check some of the perks and benefits of working in the EU and being a Lingoer.
- Visa Sponsorship: If needed, we will fully-sponsor an EU visa to come work with us.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Flexible Hours: Busy parent, or night owl? We get it. 9 to 5 is not for all of us either.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- International Office: Multicultural team with 17+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Free books & training: we support you get better at job with any book and trainings you need.
- Language Lessons: We offer language lessons in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
- Unlimited Snacks & Drinks: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits.
- Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
- Fridays Lunch & Learn: Weekly all-hands gathering to lunch and learn from each other.
If any of this rings a bell let’s chat!