Lingokids mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world. To help us on this mission and provide a reliable service to the more than 150K new families that join us every week, we're looking for a well-rounded Accounting & Admin Specialist that wants to join us in our HQ located in sunny Spain or work from their hometown.
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 15 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality… if you feel this dream could be your dream too, keep reading!
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
You will be part of a team that is responsible for accounting & reporting, always focusing on delivering an exceptional and essential support to the company.
This is a fundamental role to us because, in order to continue scaling and offer the best service to the families that trust us, we need a detail-oriented professional, who provides the best finance support to all our projects. Someone who seeks a challenge and wants to keep learning every day.
The most challenging and exciting responsibilities for this role are to:
- Ensure the company has accurate financial metrics (revenue, expenses, cash).
- Ensure the company provides financial information according to deadlines established (monthly, quarterly, ad hoc reports).
- Assist in the periodic closings and audit process (preparation of accruals and account reconciliations).
- Contribute to and find improvements in reporting, controlling processes, and accounting systems.
- Support our Finance Manager in trade payable/receivable management.
- Support the Finance Team and ensure the company is compliant with tax authorities’ requirements.
- Contribute to the preparation of the H2020 Grant deliverables, according to the deadlines established.
Are you our Accounting Specialist?
The ideal teammate for us is someone experienced in accounting and reporting, recording journal entries, accounts payables and receivables, preparing accruals and reconciliations.
It would also be great if you are comfortable with a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Advanced use of excel is required, experience in Microsoft Dynamics Nav is a plus.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.
If you are the ONE, we have a lot to offer...
We are not perfect, but we are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every Lingoer loves what they do. These are some of the things we offer you for being a Lingoer:
- Competitive Salary: The range for this role is between 23k€ and 27k€ gross per year.
- Visa Sponsorship: We will fully-sponsor a visa to come work with us if needed.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Flexible Hours & Remote working: We care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
- Diverse Environment: Gender balanced and multicultural team with 16+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Training: we support you to get better at your job with all the books, conferences, and training you need. Including language lessons at the office in ES, EN & PT
- Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
If any of this rings a bell, let’s chat!