Lingokids mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through playlearning™. To help us on this mission and continue building superb user experience for both kids and parents, we’re looking for an exceptional Senior Unity Engineer that will be joining our HQ located in sunny Spain.
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 20 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality… if you feel this dream could be your dream too, continue reading!
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
The Senior Unity Engineer owns the code creation from beginning to end of assigned games and their associated tools and has a solid understanding of all areas of game development. This is a fundamental role to us because we are all about offering fun, learning, and intuitive experiences to kids, and this role has a huge impact on what our platform offers.
Some of the most challenging and exciting things of this role are:
- Implementing code according to game designs.
- Analyze game designs to help improve and complete the game design spec.
- Own the code creation from beginning to end of assigned games and support their associated tools.
- Help mentor more junior Unity engineers.
- Routinely perform code reviews for other Unity engineers.
- Understand the overall architecture of the Lingokids game codebase, frameworks and tools, and help improve them over time.
- Interact with backend and mobile app engineers, and help design and develop cross-area software features.
Are you our Senior Unity Engineer (Game Developer)?
The ideal teammate for us would be someone creative who has several years of experience developing gameplay and tools with Unity, and who has a solid understanding of all areas of game development: design, art and audio.
We value excellent communication skills to build clear technical documentation for new and existing systems, as well as experience diagnosing, profiling and improving performance of games.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently in both written and spoken English.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.
If you are the ONE, we have a lot to offer...
We are not perfect, but we are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every Lingoer loves what they do. These are some of the things we offer you for being a Lingoer:
- Competitive Salary: The range for this role is between 38,000€ and 47,000€ gross per year.
- Visa Sponsorship: We will fully-sponsor a visa to come work with us if needed.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Flexible Hours & Remote working: We care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
- The gear you need, whether it’s mac or windows, a big screen or a laptop stand. Whatever you need to do your job, we get it for you.
- Diverse Environment: Gender balanced and multicultural team with 16+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Training: we support you to get better at your job with all the books, conferences and training you need. Including language lessons at the office in ES, EN & PT
- Breakfast, Snacks & Drinks + Fridays Lunch: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits. On Fridays, Lingokids pays for lunch.
- Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
If any of this rings a bell, let’s chat!