Lingokids’ mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world. We have currently 11 million families using the product, but we want to get to 100 million. In order to help us with this goal, we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist that will join our HQ in sunny Spain.
We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online language learning service for kids. With fresh content - games, books, videos, interactive episodes, etc - every week, we are helping more than 11M families and their children around the world learn English in a fun and effective way. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100M families and we’re working hard to make it a reality. Our talented team of product designers, software engineers, and content producers tweak and improve our product daily, while incorporating feedback from our customers.
You should be a sharp, curious, and an autonomous fast-paced analytical individual who has a passion for going deep into data with hypotheses and building models to understand (our growth opportunities and our users behaviour) how kids and parents use our service.
Your insights will mainly influence how we make business decisions and build our growth strategies, but also drive UX through contents, features, and communication.
You will make your own cycle of data extraction, data analysis, applying data science techniques, drawing info, making recommendations, communicating to the team.
You will also get to work on:
- Work with different areas throughout the organisation to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Work with data engineering team to ensure the effectiveness and accuracy of our data.
- Owning data definition. Making clear, attainable, and consistent definition for data and communicate to the team to have a quality data driven decision making environment.
- Generating relevant and clear Insight. Identify and clearly articulates insights and recommendations drawn from data.
- Mine and analyse data from our company’s DW to drive optimisation and improvement of product development, content development, marketing techniques and growth strategies.
- Apply data science to improve the custom recommendation systems for our users.
- Respond to ad-hoc need for advanced data analysis and performance models applying statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Help building data visualisation to tell compelling stories about our business
- Requesting new data points. When the team is about making new contents/ features, check to see if we are missing important data points for capturing necessary UX.
- At least 5 years experience as Data Scientist, ideally in a Startup environment.
- Master at least one statistical computer language (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Comfortable working with machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Always curious and enthusiastic about learning new algorithms or methods to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
- You have experience developing business analytical solutions in small tech companies
- You know how to design scalable processes to collect, manipulate, present, and analyze large datasets in a production ready environment.
- You have worked with large volumes of data and have Strong decision-making with imperfect information
- Fluent English is a must
PERKS & BENEFITS
We are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every team member loves what they do. Check some of the perks and benefits of working in the EU and being a Lingoer.
- Visa Sponsorship: If needed, we will fully-sponsor an EU visa to come work with us.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Flexible Hours: Busy parent, or night owl? We get it. 9 to 5 is not for all of us either.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- International Office: Multicultural team with 17+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Free books & training: we support you get better at job with any book and trainings you need.
- Language Lessons: We offer language lessons in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
- Unlimited Snacks & Drinks: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits.
- Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
- Fridays Lunch & Learn: Weekly all-hands gathering to lunch and learn from each other.
If any of this rings a bell let’s chat!