Lingokids mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world. To help us on this mission and improve the user experience for our two big and challenging groups of users (different kids age groups + adults), we’re looking for a well rounded Sr UX Designer that will be joining our HQ located in sunny Spain.
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 12 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality… if you feel this dream could be your dream too, keep reading!
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
The Sr UX Designer leads all aspects of our UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture, wireframing… This is a fundamental role to us because in order to provide the best experience for kids and parents, we need someone with a deep comprehension of our users to advocate for them when building our strategy.
Some of the most challenging and exciting things of this role are:
- Work closely with other designers, developers, content creators, artists and data scientists.
- Owning the product journey and identifying frictions and key areas of improvement.
- Identifying use cases, writing user stories, feature flows and requirements.
- Help explore and validate new features through hypothesis and experimentation.
- Lead and coordinate user research and user test sessions with kids and parents.
- Around 20% of the time you will work on solving low fi design tasks or even design final screens based on our design system.
Are you our Sr UX Designer?
The ideal teammate for us would be someone widely experienced offering innovative solutions supported by data to complex design problems. It is hard to put a timeframe to it, but we think in at least 5 years you probably faced enough challenges to be considered a senior by us. If you also feel curious about Kids UX and are obsessed with making things better, you are definitely someone we want to talk with.
From all of our seniors we expect a can do attitude, a lot of autonomy and a heavy sense of responsibility. On the other hand, having a mindset that is ready for quick changes in goals and audiences will help you thrive in this fast paced environment.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.
If you are the ONE, we have a lot to offer...
We are not perfect, but we are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every Lingoer loves what they do. These are some of the things we offer you for being a Lingoer:
- Competitive Salary: The range for this role is between 38K€ and 50K€ gross per year.
- Visa Sponsorship: We will fully-sponsor a visa to come work with us if needed.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Flexible Hours & Remote working: We care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
- The gear you need, whether it’s mac or windows, a big screen or a laptop stand. Whatever you need to do your job, we get it for you.
- Diverse Environment: Gender balanced and multicultural team with 16+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Training: we support you to get better at your job with all the books, conferences and training you need. Including language lessons at the office in ES, EN & PT
- Breakfast, Snacks & Drinks + Fridays Lunch: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits. On Fridays, Lingokids pays for lunch.
- Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
If any of this rings a bell, let’s chat!