Lingokids mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world. To help us on this mission and provide a reliable service to the more than 150K new families that join us every week, we're looking for a well-rounded Sr Backend Developer that wants to join us in our HQ located in sunny Spain or work from their hometown.
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 12 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality… if you feel this dream could be your dream too, keep reading!
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
You will be part of the teams that are responsible for designing, prototyping and implementing robust backend systems that support our service worldwide. This is a fundamental role to us because in order to continue scaling and offer the best service to the families that trust us, we need a platform that is flexible, maintainable and can adapt to the changing challenges.
Our backend stack can vary from Ruby on Rails, Python, shell scripts, Java/Scala and in general we’re more focused on the results than the tools, so that stack can constantly change.
The most challenging and exciting responsibilities for this role are
- Extending the features of our Core API with more integrations and better performance
- Designing and delivering new functionalities like the Parents Community that we launched recently
- Automating and extending our AWS-based infrastructure (we use Terraform) and ensuring that our colleagues can be productive using our solutions.
- In general, keeping an eye on ways to improve our stack, our processes and our tools.
Are you our Senior Backend Developer?
The ideal teammate for us would be someone widely experienced in more than one programming language (or willing to learn a second one). That agrees with us in how communication, empathy, inquisitiveness, and open mindedness are fundamental to be successful in the role.
It would also be great if you are experienced in automation, Security, CI/CD and cloud providers, as it would help you ramp up faster in this challenge and add more value to the team.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.
If you are the ONE, we have a lot to offer...
We are not perfect, but we are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every Lingoer loves what they do. These are some of the things we offer you for being a Lingoer:
- Competitive Salary: The range for this role is between 41k€ and 55k€ gross per year.
- Visa Sponsorship: We will fully-sponsor a visa to come work with us if needed.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Flexible Hours & Remote working: We care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
- The gear you need, whether it’s mac or windows, a big screen or a laptop stand. Whatever you need to do your job, we get it for you.
- Diverse Environment: Gender balanced and multicultural team with 16+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Training: we support you to get better at your job with all the books, conferences and training you need. Including language lessons at the office in ES, EN & PT
- Breakfast, Snacks & Drinks + Fridays Lunch: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits. On Fridays, Lingokids pays for lunch.
- Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
If any of this rings a bell, let’s chat!