Lingokids mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world. In order to help us on this mission and continue reaching more families around the world, we want to continue refining our product and preparing it to go from current 8M to support 100M users. In order to help us achieve that, we’re looking for an exceptional Senior Backend Engineer that will be joining our HQ located in sunny Spain.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, prototyping, implementing, documenting, maintaining, and debugging robust backend systems at scale with the purpose of building amazing, educational games that will help millions of kids learn English.
You will also get to work on:
* Our in-house billing system that provides a centralised subscription management system for our product that integrates with AppStore Connect, Google Play Billing, and Stripe Billing.
* An event processing pipeline that receives thousands of user generated events per second, stores them, transforms them, and forwards them onto a number of third party analytics services.
* The content management system that delivers our weekly in-house content to our customers.
* An infrastructure topology that includes AWS-hosted computing capacity, multiple Postgres databases, message brokers, background workers, CDNs, in-memory caches, etc.
* And of course, a slew of interesting customer-facing features that you will help define side-by-side with our product folk.
* Our stack is Ruby on Rails, Postgres, AWS, Redis, React Native, and Unity 3D. We prefer to pick the right tool for the job over trendy new tech.
* Relentless in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
* 5+ years experience creating, fixing, maintaining, and expanding backend systems
* Ruby on Rails (very good knowledge + clean coding)
* A solid grasp of OO programming, DBs, development, and testing methodologies (TDD with RSpec)
* Databases: MySQL, Postgres, Redis
* GIT version control (good knowledge)
* Experience developing APIs and integrating third party API services
* Experience working at a fast-paced, technology company
* Highly autonomous; Strong decision-making and execution with imperfect information
* High motivation to learn and grow
* Fluency in English
PERKS & BENEFITS
We are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every team member loves what they do. Check some of the perks and benefits of working in the EU and being a Lingoer.
* Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
* Free books: We buy you any books that can help you be even better at your work.
* Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
* Unlimited Snacks & Drinks: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits.
* Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
* Visa Sponsorship: If needed, we will fully-sponsor a EU visa to come work with us.
* Language Lessons: We offer language lessons in Spanish and English.
* Gear: Get hooked up with a Macbook (or PC) to do your best work.
* Fridays Lunch & Learn: Weekly all-hands gathering to lunch and learn from each other.
* Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
* Flexible Hours: Busy parent, or night owl? We get it. 9 to 5 is not for all of us either.
* International Office: Multicultural team with 16+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
* Sunny Spain: Over 300 days of sunshine per year with blue-skies.
If you are looking to join a company with a purpose, and a humble, talented engineering team, ping us!