Lingokids mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through playlearning™. To help us on this mission and develop meaningful experiences and beautiful games for children ages 2-8 we’re looking for an exceptional Sr Level Designer, that will be joining our HQ located in sunny Spain.
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 12 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality… if you feel this dream could be your dream too, keep reading!
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
The Technical Level Designer helps refine the kid's experience, working at the intersection between art, design, and programming to implement and polish the games we create together. This is a fundamental role to us because we are all about offering fun, learning, and intuitive experiences to kids, and this role has a huge impact on this.
Some of the most challenging and exciting things in this role are:
- Take part in the design and implementation of fun, intuitive, and educational game experiences for kids, working collaboratively with designers, artists, programmers, and educators.
- Be able to own instances creation from start to end in terms of quality, and following master implementation, and be able to follow up instructions to build new ones.
- Develop and evolve in-depth design documentation as well as create digital prototypes.
- Research and share insights on the motivations children 2 to 8 years old have regarding games.
- Design and produce the layout, levels, parameters, and features for our games inside the Unity Editor.
- Study, synthesize and communicate technical requirements for assets among the various squads.
- Help and communicate when there are missing tools and help design better level design processes for speed and scale production.
Are you our Technical Level Designer?
The ideal teammate for us would be someone genuinely passionate about games, but especially about kids games. You must be widely experienced developing games and working within the Unity Editor, and you also need to have strong notions of art creation and Unity C# scripting, even if you are not an artist or engineer, as it is fundamental to be successful in the role.
It would also be great if you knew how to define and work comfortably with formats, structures, and reusable patterns for assets and gameplay mechanics, as it would help you ramp up faster in this challenge.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.
If you are the ONE, we have a lot to offer...
We are not perfect, but we are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every Lingoer loves what they do. These are some of the things we offer you for being a Lingoer:
- Competitive Salary: The range for this role is between 41k and 50k euros gross per year, according to seniority.
- Visa Sponsorship: We will fully-sponsor a visa to come work with us if needed.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Flexible Hours & Remote working: We care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
- The gear you need, whether it’s mac or windows, a big screen or a laptop stand. Whatever you need to do your job, we get it for you.
- Diverse Environment: Gender balanced and multicultural team with 17+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Training: we support you to get better at your job with all the books, conferences, and training you need. Including language lessons at the office in ES, EN & PT
- Breakfast, Snacks & Drinks + Fridays Lunch: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits. On Fridays, Lingokids pays for lunch.
- Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
If any of this rings a bell, let’s chat!