Lingokids’ mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world. With over 9M families using the product and more than 150k new ones every single week, we’re looking for a well-rounded Data Engineer to help us on this mission and scale our backend platform that will be joining our HQ located in sunny Spain.
We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online language learning service for kids.
With fresh content - games, books, videos, interactive episodes, etc - every week, we are helping more than 9M families and their children around the world learn English in a fun and effective way. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100M families and we’re working hard to make it a reality. Our talented team of product designers, software engineers, and content producers tweak and improve our product daily, while incorporating feedback from our customers.
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of the team working on designing and implementing robust and scalable data pipelines to support the current and future Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Data Science needs of our data informed company.
As part of this team, you will collaborate on:
* improving and extending our Data Lake to store and curate internal and 3rd party data
* automating data processing jobs
* designing and implementing data ingestion solutions to make our operational data available for Analytics
* supporting Data Science data and tooling needs
* improving the data governance of our tracking data
* deploying Machine Learning models to production
Our current stack is based on AWS and uses a combination of Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL for the operational side along with Python, Spark (Scala) and Redshift for the Analytics side.
You should have:
- Have good experience with at least one programming language, but ideally have experience with more than one (or willing to learn them)
- Experience with RDMBs and SQL
- Agree with us that communication is a critical part of our job
- Look forward to working as part of a diverse, multicultural, and multidisciplinary team.
* Experience with a BI/Analytics visualization tool (Looker, Tableau, AWS Quicksight, ...)
* Experience with a data processing framework in Batch or Streaming (Spark, Flink, ...)
* Experience with distributed pub-sub/streaming platforms (Kafka, Kinesis, ...
PERKS & BENEFITS
We are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every team member loves what they do. Check some of the perks and benefits of working in the EU and being a Lingoer.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Free books: We buy you any books that can help you be even better at your work.
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Unlimited Snacks & Drinks: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits.
- Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
- Visa Sponsorship: If needed, we will fully-sponsor a EU visa to come work with us.
- Language Lessons: We offer language lessons in Spanish and English.
- Gear: Get hooked up with a Macbook (or PC) to do your best work.
- Fridays Lunch & Learn: Weekly all-hands gathering to lunch and learn from each other.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Flexible Hours: Busy parent, or night owl? We get it. 9 to 5 is not for all of us either.
International Office: Multicultural team with 10+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Sunny Spain: Over 300 days of sunshine per year with blue-skies.
If any of this rings a bell let’s chat!