Our team builds web applications that let creators earn money online. We’re an inclusive bunch who live for getting things out the door and improving our cross-platform economic operations. We think bringing financial opportunity to those willing to make cool stuff will change the world. Your knack for teamwork and clear communication and your passion for clear UX will help our business thrive. If you love working with others to solve problems, we want to hear from you.
- Collaborate with your team to create tools, reporting views, and solutions
- Work with other teams to transform their needs into great software
- Participate in code reviews, design discussions, standups, and pair programming
- Ship tested code to production all the time
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What you need:
- Experience using UNIX/Linux
- Broad exposure to common web technologies
- Experience using SQL and schemaless data stores
- Proficiency in common scripting languages
- Experience with a modern frontend framework like React, Angular, or Vue
- Passion for bringing UX designs to life and for clearly conveying information in UIs
What we use and teach:
- Docker, Drone, Jenkins, Amazon Web Services
- Test and Behavior-driven development
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Currently fluent in at least one programming language, with significant prior development experience in at least two programming languages
- Experience carrying a > 2-month long project over the finish line
- Experience debugging and resolving a major production problem
- Experience driving frontend technology choices and desire to mentor team in usage
- Proven ability to fearlessly tackle complexity
- Passionate about mentoring and coaching other engineers
- Interested in learning and diving into new languages, tools, frameworks
- Determined and thorough- can see a project through from idea to prototyping, design, production, scaling and beyond
- Familiar with agile software development methodologies
- Ability to be effective in an organization whose staff all work remotely
What would be awesome
- Interest in technical leadership and in building a software engineering environment where everyone can thrive
- Experience on both front-end and back-end development and the interactions between the two, including HTTP, CORS, CDN caching
- Experience scaling applications with caching and troubleshooting bottlenecks at the database and application layers
- Experience working in a highly regulated sector
No travel required
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.