Sansar is a canvas for anyone to create whatever virtual world they can imagine and share the experience in 3D and VR with people across the globe. We’re an enthusiastic group who have already made leaps and bounds of progress but need your help making Sansar amazing.
Linden Lab is looking for a highly collaborative engineer to join the technical team responsible for Sansar's UI system. We need someone who values the user experience and can implement clean, intuitive interfaces while making sensible trade-offs to get things in front of our users. This is a great place to leverage your skills, improve and expand your experience, and have a lot of fun working on a supportive, multidisciplinary team.
What you need:
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with Viewmodels / MVVM architecture
- Experience in building user interfaces with attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Published game title or indie project, or at least 2 years work experience as a programmer
What we use and teach:
What you’ll do day to day:
- Collaborate with UX, engineers, and product managers on developing compelling features for Sansar
- Problem solve with other engineers in an iterative, agile environment with an emphasis on shipping code and achieving practical results
- Participate in code reviews, whiteboard discussions, standups, and pair-programming on a daily basis
- Code and markup, a lot
No travel required
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.