Linden Lab, a pioneer in the creation of virtual worlds, is poised for the public launch of “Sansar”, a social virtual reality platform that will democratize the creation of VR experiences. Linden Lab has been in business since 2003 and is best known for “Second Life”, the world’s largest user-generated economy.
The QA Engineer will perform testing of web services and related client applications in an expansive system architecture. Ideal candidates will have experience in testing of software applications and client/server integration. This person will be highly innovative in testing strategies, as there is a continuous need for original and forward thinking with respect to the evolving needs of the products and internal systems as well as the best methods for testing them.
- Design detailed test strategies, test cases, scripts and suites
- Enter and update bugs in our defect tracking system (Jira)
- Help the team triage defects/issues found throughout the project cycle
- Identify software defects, run test suites, and verify fixes
- Work with Software Engineers in Test and Performance Engineers to develop test automation used for validating accuracy and completeness of functional test cases and/or performance/load testing
- Help evolve and define engineering and QA process improvements
- Leverage defect metrics to improve development and testing practices
- Ongoing monitoring of web systems using industry standard applications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently, to triage issues and prioritize tasks, and manage several assignments simultaneously
- Proactive, driven individual with a strong work ethic
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
- Sharp attention to detail
- Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with remote teammates in various locations
- Familiarity with MySQL is a plus
- Performance testing experience a huge plus
- Nice to have: experience with New Relic or other performance monitoring systems
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science strongly preferred
- 2+ years as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer with a background in functional, integration, and regression testing of web applications
- Experience with Mercurial or Git VCS, and preferably with automated build systems such as TeamCity or similar
- Experience with UNIX and shell scripting
- Experience testing multiple platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux (Debian/Ubuntu)
- Experience testing web applications/services and desktop client/server systems.
- Experience using automated test tools such as, but not limited to, Selenium, FunkLoad or similar testing tools
No travel required
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.