Linden Lab, a pioneer in the creation of virtual worlds, is poised for the public launch of “Sansar”, a social virtual reality platform that will democratize the creation of VR experiences. Linden Lab has been in business since 2003 and is best known for “Second Life”, the world’s largest user-generated economy.
The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for supporting and maintaining various compliance activities and programs, including the Customer Identification program and associated vendor management processes. Responsible for monitoring and assessing compliance issues concerning the patterns and trends associated with money laundering and other potential compliance-related risks. Assist with mitigating money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud related risks, and gathering data and documents for state exams.
- Provide direct support of the current compliance framework, which includes the immediate need to detect and investigate customer and transaction activities that are deemed suspicious per Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations.
- Review alerts to identify potential suspicious activity and file timely suspicious activity reports (SARs) via the BSA e-Filing system within a given timeframe.
- Recognize new/emerging patterns and respond with appropriate investigative techniques.
- Identify any existing gaps and make recommendations to enhance the suspicious activity reporting process and other AML related controls.
- Serve as the compliance manager’s backup, including the day to day monitoring, metrics, reviewing and reporting related to SARs and OFAC.
- Assist with OFAC compliance, recordkeeping requirements, and other compliance related requirements.
- Assist with analysis, integration, and relationship management of compliance vendors.
- Prepare analytic compliance reports as necessary
- Attend company-training sessions to stay abreast of upcoming changes in federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong operational mindset involving time-sensitive directives and ability to self-manage workflow across competing priorities.
- Strong data analysis skills preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio) including the use of pivot tables.
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Ability to identify and effectively manage compliance issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Exceptional sound judgment skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor.
- Ability to work on confidential and sensitive matters with a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills.
- Knowledge of internal or external tools related to fraud, payment, or AML is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic training and experience
- 3-5 years of prior AML, fraud, or risk management experience.
- Knowledge of fraud investigation related to online transactions.
- Prior customer relationship management experience is a plus.
- ACAMS certification is a bonus
- Some travel to training/conferences.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.