Linden Lab, a pioneer in the creation of virtual worlds, is poised for the public launch of “Sansar”, a social virtual reality platform that will democratize the creation of VR experiences. Linden Lab has been in business since 2003 and is best known for “Second Life”, the world’s largest user-generated economy.
We are seeking a promising Contract Senior Environmental Artist to collaborate with our Lead Environmental Artist, Creative Director, and team of engineers to create inspiring, endlessly editable environments that set the standard for VR.
Create inspiring, endlessly editable environments that set the standard for VR.
Model, texture, optimize and finally deliver technically exacting, expertly-executed 3D environmental elements, props, and avatar items in a variety of styles. Artists in this role will also contribute concepts with requisite supporting research and documentation, as well as design ideas for environmental elements, props and avatar items and environmental creation tools and pipelines. Being a Senior-level position, the artist will also be expected to help mentor less-experienced members on the team, and contribute to optimizing our overall workflow.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ Years experience as a 3D or Environment Artist in game production
- At least 2 shipped game titles
- Clear visual, verbal, and written communicator
- Expert 3D sculpting skills in Maya or 3D Studio Max, Zbrush, Mudbox, 3D-Coat, etc...
- Experience using Substance Designer & Substance Painter
- Expert hard surface modeling skills
- Advanced soft surface modeling skills
- Advanced PBR material design skills
- Ability to paint textures in a variety of styles
- Experience with Marvelous Designer a plus
- Experience building game-optimized assets in Unreal Engine, Unity, or other realtime 3D game engines
- Strong concept and research skills
- Organized workflow, consistent attention to detail, and meticulous asset labeling/tracking
- Bachelor's Degree in art, design, or computer graphics.
No travel required
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.