Sansar provides a canvas for anyone to create any virtual world they can imagine, as well as experience that world in virtual reality with people across the world. Linden Lab is looking for a graphics engineer to join the Sansar team in making Sansar the best virtual world platform out there!
As one of our graphics engineers, you will be given the autonomy and support you need to successfully tackle complex rendering and performance challenges. Your team and manager will be there to support and grow your career, and you will give back by supporting your team.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the team on developing performant and flexible features
- Optimize systems and content pipelines to support scalable user-generated content
- Receive and integrate feedback from the community into current and future functionality
- Provide feedback and tools to help the community build better/faster content
What you’ll learn:
- A modern, cloud-based UGC content platform for creating virtual worlds
- Expertise of DX12 and Vulkan based technologies supporting pure UGC content
- Performance optimization to allow solid, clean VR experiences
- Development of features for a UGC-based content pipeline
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid C++ and 3D Math skills
- A strong passion for graphics systems and technology
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic training and experience.
- Experience working on a game rendering engine with DX12, OpenGL, or Vulkan
- This is a Mid Level role requiring 3 to 5 years experience post graduation
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.