Thousands of servers host our massive world, made up of hundreds of terabytes of user-generated content. You think that's impressive? That’s what we did years ago--wait until you see what we’re doing now with Sansar!
Linden Lab is looking for highly collaborative engineers to join the team responsible for Sansar's backend services.
As one of our engineers, you will be given the autonomy and support needed to successfully tackle complex problems. Your team and manager will be there to support and grow your career, and you will give back by supporting your team.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with your cross-functional, agile teammates
- Develop scalable backend services for Sansar
- Design, code, test, and ship your work
- Mentor others, and be mentored
- Participate in rotating on-call duty
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Superb C++ and solid shell scripting, Python, and SQL
- A minimum of 5+ years work experience as a Software Engineer.
- Working knowledge of relevant protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP 1.1 or 2, TLS, Kafka
What you’ll learn:
- AWS services, such as EC2, RDS, S3, etc.
- The Go programming language
- Containerization via Docker
- Game development experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic training and experience.
- Experience with Linux, MySQL, Apache/Nginx
- Experience working on large scale production systems
No travel required
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.