Limelight is looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our team and contribute to the growth of our industry leading experiential marketing platform. Our venture-backed company is growing fast, adding new jobs every month, and providing fast-track opportunities for career growth.
Our venture-backed company is growing fast, adding new jobs every month, and providing opportunities for career growth.
At Limelight, we strive to make every day a fun, valuable work experience, where team members are encouraged, supported, and given the opportunity to do work that is meaningful to them. We have all the perks, sure, but the big thing at Limelight is very simple: we treat each and every team member the way they want to be treated. From flex hours, to work from home days, to team-driven personal development plans, Limelight is responsible for giving you a work experience that you enjoy, that you excel at, and that you can balance with the rest of your life.
What you can expect:
As the Human Resources Manager at Limelight Platform, you will provide HR leadership, operational support and an exceptional partnership to our company by consulting with employees and managers to address root causes of human resource issues and resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach. This role will build strong relationships with these growing teams.
A successful candidate for this position will come with a consistent and concise communication style, a solid HR background and a passion for working on a progressive team that is focused on the business goals and success of the organization. The successful candidate will also serve as a forward-thinking leader, responsible for identifying, developing and implementing key human resources initiatives that will substantially enhance the success of our business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reporting to directly to the CEO, you will support in the delivery of day-to-day operations.
- The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment where the ability to adapt effectively to change is essential. The candidate should also have the ability to take initiative to make appropriate decisions while exercising sound judgement, discretion and critical thinking.
- Provide tactical and strategic human resources leadership to employees, managers and executives. More specifically, you’ll be responsible for core HR structures and programs such as employee engagement, performance management, compensation, compliance, training and development, career planning, and benefits administration. You’ll collaborate with other groups on shared interests including guides and policies, employee relations, payroll, and internal company-wide communication.
- Skillfully manage the resolution of employee issues including escalation of sensitive or urgent employee relations matters.
- Support and develop our unique company culture, people processes, and exceptional employees while we scale in numbers
- Support the full cycle recruitment in hiring for various roles within the organization including Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Operations, Engineering and Product.
- Creatively source passive candidates for technical and technical roles, using LinkedIn Recruiter and similar sourcing tools
- Assesses and diagnoses organizational situations, ensuring alignment of business goals with organizational designs and development or recommendation of solutions.
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of progressive experience in a human resources or people focused role
- 2+ years of experience in a startup environment preferred
- University/College degree preferred but not mandatory; your experience, empathy, communication, and project management skills are most important
- Proven track record of establishing strong relationships with teammates, candidates and hiring managers
- Flexibility, openness, and adaptability; the ability to inherit team rituals and expand their impact and reach
- Experience with payroll PowerPay (Ceridian) preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with company culture as well as standards, practices, policies, procedures, or government law
- Ability to build trust, remain accessible, and handle sensitive situations and data
- Excellent verbal, written communications skills and a personality that's positive and accessible
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with a high level of ambiguity
Does this sound like you?
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence
- Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Passion for cultivating and maintaining an inclusive culture
We're sure you’re already completely hooked, but just in case… Did we mention free snacks, full benefits, a great downtown location, awesome career advancement opportunities, and the best team you’ll ever have the pleasure of working with?
Limelight believes that experiences matter most, and our mission is to help create these meaningful experiences for both brands and consumers. We believe in high performing ownership and where doing the right thing and caring about people are intrinsic to the work culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in September 2014, Limelight is the industry’s leading software for brands and agencies to run everything they need for experiential activations, sponsorships, trade shows, contesting, registrations, live lead collections, kiosks, sampling and more. We work with some of the industry’s biggest and brightest like BMW, RBC, Porsche, Scotiabank, Mercedes Benz, Molson Coors, and many others.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Limelight’s values. We are a company of people of varied backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work.
We look forward to hearing from you!