Limelight is looking for a talented and motivated Lead Software Developer to join the Limelight team and help build the core components for our industry leading experiential marketing platform. Our venture-backed company is growing fast, adding new jobs each month, and providing fast-track opportunities for career growth.
You will be joining a dynamic team of energetic and intelligent individuals focused on delivering innovative solutions for a wide range of exciting customers such as BMW, Porsche, RBC, Bosch and Molson.
At Limelight, we strive to make every day a fun, valuable work experience, where team members are encouraged, supported, and given the opportunity to do work that is meaningful to them. We have all the perks, sure, but the big thing at Limelight is very simple: we treat each and every team member the way they want to be treated. From flex hours, to work from home days, to team driven personal development plans, Limelight is responsible for giving you a work experience that you enjoy, that you excel at, and that you can balance with the rest of your life.
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of building software/web application, preferably working in an enterprise product development
- Experience in Java with Spring framework is preferred
- Solid knowledge of relational database (PostgreSQL experience is an asset) and the strength & weaknesses of working with ORM framework (Hibernate)
- Hands-on experience in architecting scalable systems and handling performance issues
- Strong understanding of client-server architecture, web services API (REST), and microservices
- Proven record in solid production-grade enterprise application that includes unit testing and building the appropriate CI/CD pipeline.
- You have a commitment and drive for quality, excellence and results
- You have management experience and/or technical leadership
- Thorough understanding of CS fundamentals and relevant application a real-world system implementation
- Familiarity with common development tools & libraries such as Flyway, Maven, Git (Bitbucket), Jenkins
You probably have done a few of these things:
- Designed and implemented systems end-to-end from working with the product in defining requirements to delivering implementation in production
- Worked in an agile environment (Scrum) that deliver to production with 2-weeks release cycle
- Strong communication skills - Ability to communicate technical nuances in layman terms
- Experience working with test automation tools and frameworks
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices, experience with AWS, and working with various performance measurement tools
- Mentor junior and intermediate developers, adjust leadership style based on what works best for team members
- Self-learner and a strong interest in keeping up with new technologies, frameworks, and/or best practices and seek to discover applicability to the current task at hand
- Understand trade-offs that have to be made between immediate deliverables vs long-term software architecture
Limelight believes that experiences matter most, and our mission is to help create these meaningful experiences for both brands and consumers. We believe in high performing ownership and where doing the right thing and caring about people are intrinsic to the work culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in September 2014, Limelight is the industry’s leading software for brands and agencies to run everything they need for experiential activations, sponsorships, trade shows, contesting, registrations, live lead collections, kiosks, sampling and more. We work with some of the industry’s biggest and brightest like BMW, RBC, Porsche, Scotiabank, Mercedes Benz, Molson Coors, and many others.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Limelight’s values. We are a company of people of varied backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work.
We look forward to hearing from you!