As a DevOps engineer, you'll be responsible for managing the deployment of auxiliary value added services for that we deploy for the Lightning Network such as Lightning Loop. Existing knowledge of Bitcoin, and particularly key management is desired. As our systems deal with live funds, security is of the utmost importance. Our current stack includes tools such as: etcd, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Docker, Grafana, and Traefik.
As part of your role, you'll be working with a globally distributed team in order to develop and maintain secure and robust infrastructure that supports the Lightning Network. Additionally, you'll also be working to make it easier to deploy, monitor, and secure deployments of our open source software that comprises the decentralized Lightning Network.
An ideal candidate would have a strong passion for Bitcoin and a desire to make using Bitcoin cheap, fast, and simple for everyone.
- Design and deploy secure key management systems for Bitcoin that incorporate both hot and cold wallets
- Refine our software lifecycle, deployment and management practices
- Build tools and processes to improve development practices
- Design fault tolerant and highly available service architectures
- Design and maintain passive monitoring and alert systems for our services
- Ensure our infrastructure is secure, recoverable (disaster, data), and maintained (security patches, tool upgrades, etc)
- Improve the state of the art for deploying+monitoring decentralized infrastructure such as lnd
- Proficiency with Linux and a scripting language such as Python
- Deep understanding of AWS services and experience maintaining a cloud deployment
- Understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnets).
- Familiarity orchestration and management infrastructure such as Kubernetes or Terraform
- Experience with standard web stack technologies (eg. http services, caches, proxies, load balancers)
- Strong grasp of modern security practices and prior experience with key/secret management technologies