is a Seattle based fintech company that has created a new fundraising path for early-stage tech companies. Our transparent, data-driven, tech-enabled process provides entrepreneurs revenue-based financing quickly without making them give up equity or board seats. We work with hundreds of visionary start-up CEOs each year and our products are truly disrupting the start-up finance industry.
We are experiencing triple-digit YOY growth and are hiring a self-motivated and driven BDR
for our Marketing
team. WHAT YOU’LL DO
- As a Business Development Representative on the marketing team, you’re positioned at the top of the sales funnel.
- Orchestrate high-level discussions with c-level entrepreneurs seeking funding and determine whether or not their companies fit the basic Lighter Capital funding criteria.
- Make outbound calls to top prospects who have expressed interest in learning more about Lighter Capital.
- Support investment team directors and associates by engaging prospective clients from events or outreach campaigns in their territories.
- Utilize Salesforce to manage and maintain a pipeline of opportunities in accordance with clearly specified KPIs.
- Schedule/re-schedule appointments with qualified opportunities for investment team directors and associates.
- Enhance and maintain the data integrity of Lighter Capital’s database.
- Recommend improvements to outreach campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
- Diligently ask questions about the auditing process to ensure 100% accuracy and continuous communication with members of the sales and marketing team.
WHO YOU ARE
- Passionate about startups with a genuine desire to understand the industry and help entrepreneurs successfully grow their business.
- Self-motivated and driven with prior client-facing experience and the skills necessary for success, including multi-tasking, great attention to detail, problem solving, collaboration, a professional and respectful attitude, and a sincere curiosity for learning.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years of client-facing experience.
- Relationship-oriented with an ability to build trust quickly over the phone and through email.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, marketing, or communications.
We are smart, passionate and ambitious group of professionals who love coming to work every day - we hope you will too! We offer competitive salaries, pre-IPO equity, 100% covered medical insurance for employee and dependents, ORCA passes and a well-stocked office just steps from Westlake Center and Pike Place Market.
Founded by Andy Sack, a Seattle-area entrepreneur and mentor to early-stage companies, Lighter Capital was one of the first lenders to use revenue-based financing to fund tech startups. Since 2012, we’ve provided over $110 million in growth capital to over 250 startups.
Our goal is to revolutionize the business of startup finance and help founders maintain control of their companies—and their destinies. Check out more about how it works here