Lighter Capital is a Seattle based fintech company that has created a new fundraising path for early-stage tech companies. Our transparent, data-driven, tech-enabled process provides entrepreneurs financing quickly without making them give up equity or board seats. We work with hundreds of visionary startup CEOs each year and our products are truly disrupting the start-up finance industry.
We are experiencing triple-digit YOY growth and are hiring a Director of Content Marketing to drive growth and product acquisition via relevant and impactful web-based content. This position is a unique opportunity to build a content program from the ground up and reports directly to the CMO.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build Lighter Capital’s content marketing strategy for each stage of a client’s journey - incorporate various collateral and distribution channels including whitepapers, blogs, videos, social media, traditional SEO and more
- Find and take ownership of the Voice of the company
- Incorporate customers (a network of 250+ entrepreneurs), our internal data and various other sources to create compelling, relevant stories that position us as a thought leader
- Partner with internal teams (UX, Sales, etc) to tell an integrated story
- Own reporting and analysis of how marketing communications activities are impacting business results
- Research, test, repurpose and scale content across marketing channels
- Set the direction for the editorial calendar and sync it with marketing for priorities and resources
- Lead all stages of the innovation process, including discovering new concepts, evaluating, testing and launching them
- Mentor and manage 1 direct report
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years’ content marketing experience with proven experience creating a content marketing strategy for a product or brand from scratch
- Broad understanding of various content marketing strategies across web-based channels
- Experience with budget planning and forecasting
- Strong understanding of SEO
- Demonstrated experience determining, managing and reporting on KPIs
- Solid leadership and management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, marketing, or communications
- Highly curious and proactive mindset; continuously looking beyond the scope and immediate deliverables
- Experience in a start-up is preferred, but a passion and understanding of the start-up community is a must!
We are smart, passionate and ambitious group of professionals who love coming to work every day - we hope you will too! We offer competitive salaries, pre-IPO equity, 100% covered medical insurance for employee and dependents, ORCA passes and a well-stocked office just steps from Westlake Center and Pike Place Market.
Founded by Andy Sack, a Seattle-area entrepreneur and mentor to early-stage companies, Lighter Capital was one of the first lenders to use revenue-based financing to fund tech startups. Since 2012, we’ve provided over $110 million in growth capital to almost 250 startups.
Our goal is to revolutionize the business of startup finance and help founders maintain control of their companies—and their destinies. Check out more about how it works here