Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
They're so real that NASA, through the Translation Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH), has charged us with building a virtual human simulation framework to simulate changes that occur to the human body in space. Level Ex will expand on this framework to recreate spaceflight medical scenarios for astronauts to train prior to space missions.
We attract top game developers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat
, League of Legends
, Call of Duty
, Walking Dead
, and Star Wars
. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex
We’re now looking for a smart, detail-oriented QA Analyst to join our growing team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Testing for quality programming, art, audio, and online components in games that are both live and in-development
- Writing, refining, updating and monitoring defects in JIRA database
- Filling out test plans, doing smoke testing, and monitoring the health of projects
- Communicating risks and defects to the game development teams
- Working closely with the game development teams to aid in testing strategies
- Assisting production, marketing, and business development with various build-related tasks as needed
- Reviewing features and game design documentation to create test plans and communicate red flags and edge cases to the product teams
- Collaborating within the QA department on initiatives to continue to improve processes at Level Ex
- Managing devices for office and product teams needs related to testing, conferences and internal demonstrations
Who We Want To Meet
- 2+ years work experience as a QA Analyst or Tester
- Shipped titles on mobile or console, having worked over the full development life cycle
- Solid experience using JIRA for defect tracking
- Strong practical knowledge of QA methodologies, software testing standards, and software development
- Ability to multitask between various projects in different stages of development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Points For
- Prior experience testing in a mobile live environment
- Experience with submissions to Apple’s App Store and the Google Play Store
- Experience using the Unity engine and/or with scripting
- Internal game production experience
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Downtown Loop location convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.