Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
We attract top Artists, Engineers, and Designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat
, League of Legends
, Call of Duty
, Walking Dead
, and Star Wars
. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our Game Design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others.
In 2019, Level Ex partnered with Brainlab. Brainlab’s technology powers treatments in radiosurgery and radiotherapy, as well as numerous surgical fields including neurosurgery, orthopedic, ENT, CMF, spine, and trauma. Together we’re pushing the visual boundaries of anatomy and the medical world.
As part of our growth, we’re now looking for a talented, deeply experienced Lead 3D Artist. The ideal candidate will leverage their numerous years of experience to lead best practices and share optimal workflows for our games. The goals are to push the boundaries of anatomical models, lead other 3D Artists, solve challenging problems, and help raise our visual bar even higher.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Working closely with our Art Director to push the artistic and visual fidelity of our games
- Leading, mentoring, and growing the 3D Art team by providing guidance and feedback
- Collaborating and establishing best practices with other departments to assist in new features and pipelines
- Creating in Maya, ZBrush, and Substance Painter
- Working in Unity 3D engine
- Establishing and growing a new genre in the video game industry
Who We Want To Interview
- 8+ years of experience working in a game development or mobile apps environment
- Experience working in AAA games
- Shipped at least 3 games or mobile apps (open to various platforms)
- Experience leading and managing artists during project lifecycles
- Experience working in Unity 3D or an equivalent game engine
- Advanced experience working in Maya, ZBrush, and Substance Painter
- Ability to manage time appropriately and meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent design foundation and artistic ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Points Award For
- Experience working in Substance Designer
- Advanced experience working in Unity 3D
- Basic Rigging knowledge
- Experience working in Jira
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Full-time remote until we eventually return to our convenient downtown Loop location
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume *including* a link to your online portfolio (don't forget the password, if needed). To learn more about Level Ex and meet some of our incredible team click on this link - Why Join Level Ex
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or Recruiters, please.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.