Level Ex is transforming the way surgeons hone their skills by practicing high-risk surgeries and earning training credit with the latest medical devices and diagnostic treatments in our industry-leading 3D mobile applications. Our team unites award-winning game designers, developers, and artists with industry-leading surgeons, all passionate about using game design approaches to keep doctors across the world performing at the top of their game. Our clients include top 20 pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies including Baxter, Pfizer, Merck, and Medtronic, as well as leading medical associations.
We’re now looking for our first Senior Pre-Sales Engineer who will foster and maintain strategic clients and partnerships for the company. You’ll partner with the Business Development and Sales teams to advise on how to best proceed with technical projects, along with being a technical expert and educating clients around technical project expectations. This will be a highly collaborative role in which you will work with a variety of clients in the Life Sciences space and internal Business Development, Sales, Production, Medical, and Client Solution teams.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Collaborate with the Business Development, Sales, and Product teams from the beginning of a sales cycle to understand technical requirements, capabilities, and proposed solutions.
- Drive the technology evaluation stage of the sales process with existing and future clients
- Coordinate the pipeline of proposals and SOWs as they move through Sales, Business Development, and Product definition.
- Help prioritize and answer ongoing pre-sales client product requests.
- Help map new client priorities and needs to existing Level Ex solutions.
- Partnering with other departments (Sales, Customer Success, Product Management) on strategic company projects focused on scalability and growth.
- Manage all technical aspects of open Request for Proposal (RFP) responses throughout the discovery phase
- Contribute to SOWs, change requests, and other contractual deliverables.
- Manage multiple priorities, commitments, and projects.
- Be a technical expert in the room during client meetings.
- Help finalize and organize development scopes and cost estimations.
Your Skills and Qualifications
- 6+ years of client-facing experience, especially in a Pre-Sales, Sales Engineering, or Consulting capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or Business Administration
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with an ability to translate client needs and feedback to the Client Solutions team
- Ability to work in situations of uncertainty where listening, proposing solutions, and building consensus is needed
- Excellent technical aptitude and proven ability to understand, digest, and communicate solutions concepts
- Experience working with both technical as well as non-technical stakeholders in a startup environment
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Working knowledge of CRM solutions, like HubSpot
- Experience in the healthcare field and/or creative marketing industries a bonus
- Willingness to travel to client locations (10-20%)
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Downtown Loop location convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role using the provided link. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.