As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level—Level Ex—by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech—collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re looking for a talented, deeply experienced Senior 3D Artist to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Creating organic models and medical tool assets in 3D
- Updating existing assets in current Level Ex games
- Developing new 3D assets for AR and VR projects
- Working daily in Unity 3D
- Developing creative artistic solutions while adhering to our brand guidelines
- Working with the Art Department to create production-ready files for use as renders and screenshots
- Working with the Product Director, Producers, UX, Medical Team, and other team members to achieve a cohesive style
- Working with Design to develop art for project proposals
- Use Unity Timeline, Cinemachine, and post-processing stacks to push the visual quality
Who We Want To Interview
- Minimum of 4+ years related experience as a 3D artist with a great online portfolio demonstrating abilities
- Shipped at least 2 games (open to various platforms)
- Advanced experience working in Maya, Unity 3D, ZBrush, and Substance Painter
- Understanding of the principles of basic rigging
- Ability to manage time appropriately and meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Interest in learning new art techniques and working from medical references
Bonus Points Award For
- Knowledge of Substance Designer
- Knowledge of Houdini
- Experience creating for VR
- Familiarity with medical and anatomy concepts
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send a resume including a link to your portfolio and ideally a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this senior role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.