Located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, Level Ex is transforming the way surgeons hone their skills by practicing high-risk surgeries and earning training credit with the latest medical devices and diagnostic treatments in our industry-leading 3D mobile applications. Our team unites award-winning game designers, developers, and artists with industry-leading surgeons, all passionate about using game design approaches to keep doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
As Level Ex continues to grow we’re hiring our first Senior Project Manager. Reporting to our Client Solutions Architect, you’ll bring industry best practices to Level Ex and drive client solutions from inception through completion. A highly collaborative role, you’ll work with a variety of clients in the Life Science space, along with internal Business Development, Sales, Production, Medical, and Development teams.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Develop and communicate project plans and schedules to internal and customer leadership to ensure both teams are aligned on expectations
- Manage a key government grant as a Principal Investigator liaison for the project's technical goals and objectives
- Collaborate with business development and medical staff to develop the appropriate medical knowledge to support client discussions
- Proactively manage conversations around project costs and identify when/how to escalate issues with a client
- Defend product integrity from misinformed decisionmaking either externally or internally
- Meet face-to-face with clients who have scope needs outside of predefined solutions, work through specifics with our sales team, and coordinate internally high-level design direction
- Collaborate with the production team to extract requirements on product needs and wants for projects
- Collaborate with product owners to ensure product goals are achieving objectives defined with clients
- Travel occasionally to client locations prior to the sales team for kickoffs
Your Skills and Qualifications
- 6+ years in the software simulation, digital media industry, game development, or client-facing position in technology
- Some experience with government grants and vendor processes
- Extensive experience developing project plans, scope documents, schedules, and forecasting resources
- Experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and Waterfall methodologies and tools
- Deep experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams with experience influencing C-level executives
- Ability to clearly communicate both written and orally, collaborate, and work effectively on a team
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Display patience and cultural sensitivity in communications with internal and external resources
- Self-motivated and high energy with the ability to focus and adapt to different situations
Bonus Points For
- Experience working on simulation and human physiology projects
- Multiple years of experience with government grants and vendor processes
- PMP or advanced degree
- Experience working in JIRA and/or Confluence
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Here's a link
announcing our collaboration with NASA's TRISH program associated with this role. Please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit if qualified. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.