Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat
, Halo, Call of Duty
, Dragonvale, Star Wars,
and many others. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex
We’re now looking for a talented, experienced Senior UX Designer to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Collect product requirements from multiple departments including game design, marketing, art, medical, and company leadership
- Collaborate closely with game design to define and prioritize high-impact research through user testing and analytics
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and user flows that demonstrate user goals and behaviors
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative studies that address both interaction patterns and attitudes
- Drive change by communicating research with direct action items
- Provide design support during development as well as execution and post-launch
- Assist with QA to ensure designs are implemented accurately and with the highest standard
- Collaborate with medical researchers ensuring user interface content is based on solid medical reference
- Work with producers to understand project goals, time constraints, evolving priorities, and deadlines
Who We Want To Meet
- 5+ years of professional experience creating user interaction content for mobile apps, console games, or mobile games
- 2+ shipped games or mobile apps worked on from inception to completion
- Deep proficiency using UX and prototyping tools (Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Proto.io, etc.)
- Proven experimental design and/or A/B testing skills; you understand how to plan, execute, and analyze experiments in a statistically rigorous way
- Able to determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand, including when to use qualitative research methods
- Approaches problems with a user-first mentality
- Strong communication skills and comfort influencing stakeholders in varied roles and at varied levels of the organization
- Willingness to look holistically at qualitative and quantitative research, identify gaps, and work cross-functionally to fill those gaps
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, interactive media, game art or similar field
- Demonstratable experience creating, iterating on, and maintaining wireframes and user flows
- Diverse portfolio examples of sketches, workflows, interactions, and end state work
- A deep understanding of the foundation and principles of UX, and how they apply to a player's experience
Bonus Points For
- Experience in Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
- Experience creating UX for AR and/or VR
- Experience in building or incorporating tools into organizations for maximum impact across teams
- Experience in animation/motion graphics
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Downtown Loop location convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume including a link to your online portfolio for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or Recruiters, please.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.