Located in Chicago’s River North, Level Ex is transforming the way surgeons hone their skills by practicing high-risk surgeries and earning training credit with the latest medical devices and diagnostic treatments in our industry-leading 3D mobile applications. Our team unites award-winning game designers, developers, and artists with industry-leading surgeons, all passionate about using game design approaches to keep doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
As Level Ex continues to grow we’re in need of an experienced people expert to be our first-ever Director of Human Resources. Reporting to our COO, you’ll function as the go-to person for all things people-related. You will bring best practices to Level Ex and be the owner and driver of key processes and procedures that will help us continue to scale. You’ll partner with team leads to drive critical employee growth functions including performance management and training. You’ll ensure our employee lifecycle management is thoughtful (especially as we continue to rapidly grow our team). You’ll also be an important steward of our proud team-centric culture. You’ll be that HR leader who will also roll up his or her sleeves to get things done.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Oversee employee lifecycle management (on-boarding, off-boarding)
- Lead compensation and benefits strategy, plan and administration
- Oversee performance management initiative (OKRs)
- Own the evolution and administration of our company policies and procedures
- Lead employee training and other relevant programming
- Own PEO provider relationship and maximize related resources
- Manage diversity and inclusion (D&I) and community outreach
- Own all reporting related to teams, recruiting, performance management and more
- Support regular budget planning processes
- Partner with Marketing on internal communications
- Partner with the talent acquisition team throughout the recruiting process
- Own compliance
Your Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years in a similar role at growing companies with a minimum of 100 people and multiple work sites
- Must have managed budget and processes
- Experience managing performance management and training solutions
- Experience owning and using enterprise applications including workforce management and ATS systems
- Experience working with a PEO (bonus points: transitioning off of a PEO)
- Background that includes both people management and recruiting
- Leadership of diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Effective, adaptable, versatile, and high integrity
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.