Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
They're so real that NASA, through the Translation Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH), has charged us with building a virtual human simulation framework to simulate changes that occur to the human body in space. Level Ex will expand on this framework to recreate spaceflight medical scenarios for astronauts to train prior to space missions.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat
, Halo, Call of Duty
, Dragonvale, Star Wars,
and many others. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Implement, debug and reﬁne gameplay through prototyping and iterative game development
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, artists, and production to identify technical risks and implement solutions
- Collaborate with designers and artists, plus provide them with tools and support
- Research and use different technologies, SDKs, and architectures
- Implement analytics, persistent data storage, single sign-on, notifications, attribution, etc.
Who We Want To Meet
- 2+ years of experience working in a game development studio or profession software development environment
- One or more commercially released game or mobile application
- Experience in Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency with algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
- Experience across multiple aspects of game development such as character control, physics, game logic, asset loading, scoring, analytics, etc.
- Fluency in C#
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Proficiency with source control tools, like Perforce
Bonus Points For
- Experience in iOS and Android development
- Experience working on simulation and human physiology projects
- Experience in AR or VR development
- 3D graphics experience
- Familiarity with industry art pipelines and the ability to create custom scripts and tools for artists
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment
- Experience using JIRA
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Downtown Loop location convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.