Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat
, League of Legends
, Call of Duty
, Walking Dead
, and Star Wars
. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Working closely with our art director, UI team, UX design team, production team, and others to produce and implement UI assets using Unity
- Developing a variety of 2D art assets for AR, VR, and mobile projects
- Assisting with the creation of product style guides
- Creating gameplay mock-ups that comply with our style guide for new projects
- Building custom, visually exciting step-by-step storyboards
- Updating and maintaining the UI of live apps
- Creating animation for various UI elements
Who We Want To Meet
- 2+ years of experience working in a game development or mobile apps environment
- Shipped at least one mobile app or game as a UI Artist
- Working experience in Unity
- Solid, demonstrable experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent design foundation, typography, compositional, and layout skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience creating visual effects in Unity
- Experience scripting in Unity
- Experience generating UX designs in Axure RP
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Downtown Loop location convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume *including* a link to your online portfolio with UI assets for review. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or Recruiters, please.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.