Great location. Great coworkers. Lifesaving apps.
As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level—Level Ex—by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech—collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re looking for an experienced, technical Lead Programmer to lead a group of Software Engineers responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of custom game projects.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Manage the programming team responsible for the engineering of custom content in our mobile, AR, and VR games
- Manage the technical specifications, engineering, coding standards, and overall code architecture from start to finish on projects
- Provide support and guidance to the programming team, making sure they understand design objectives and timelines
- Collaborate closely with other team members in game design, art, production, QA, medical research, and marketing on various project requirements, timelines, build reviews, and testing
- Write clean, professional, and maintainable code within our existing games
- Proactively problem-solve stability and performance issues, especially for mobile devices
Who We Want To Meet
- 5+ years of game development experience with at least two shipped titles
- Solid experience working in Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
- 2+ years of programming team management
- iOS or Android development experience on at least one released game
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience across multiple aspects of game development such as character control, physics, graphics, game logic, asset loading, scoring, analytics, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency with algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
- Fluency in C#
- Proficiency with source control tools, like Perforce
Bonus Points For
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience working with backend tools for game development
- VR development experience
- 3D graphics experience
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Familiarity with medical and anatomy concepts
How We Make You Happy
- Creating games that genuinely make a difference in people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan with matching, flex spending account, and commuter benefits
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, beer, and tasty snacks
- Flexible, reasonable work schedules in a team-focused environment
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
No Agencies/Recruiters, please
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.