Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
We attract top Artists, Engineers, and Designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat
, League of Legends
, Call of Duty
, Walking Dead
, and Star Wars
. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our Game Design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others.
In 2019, Level Ex partnered with Brainlab. Brainlab’s technology powers treatments in radiosurgery and radiotherapy, as well as numerous surgical fields including neurosurgery, orthopedic, ENT, CMF, spine, and trauma. Together we’re pushing the visual boundaries of anatomy and the medical world.
As part of our growth, we're now looking for a talented, deeply experienced Senior Technical Character Artist.
The ideal candidate will be establishing character pipelines and pushing the technical abilities of our team based on their many years of experience. They'll be using their technical skills to rig and implement characters, as well as expand the boundaries for how humans and anatomy can be visualized within Unity. They'll also be constantly working with the Art and Engineering teams to solidify and refine our character pipeline to be as efficient as possible.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Collaborating with the Art and Engineering teams to create some of the best character technology within Unity
- Creating and maintaining an art pipeline that involves rigging, skinning, and asset integration
- Setting up characters and faces to be used in products and flagship demos
- Investigating new tools, technology, and opportunities to increase Art efficiency within Unity and Maya
- Identifying improvements to pipelines and implement them with the Art and Engineering teams
- Creating tools, scripts, and plugins to enable teams to work more efficiently
- Establishing and growing a new genre in the video game industry
Who We Want To Interview
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with experience being an ambassador between Art and Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working in Rigging or Character Technical Art
- Industry experience as a Senior or Lead Artist
- Experience with Unity or equivalent game engine
- Expertise with Maya in animation, rigging, and skinning
- Understanding of human anatomy and facial expressions
- Deep familiarity with industry art pipelines - understanding common problems and solutions for asset creation and flow in games built on a rapidly-moving tech stack
- Comfortable prototyping and researching new art technology and techniques
- Ability to manage time appropriately and meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent design foundation and artistic ability
Bonus Points Award For
- Experience with the iOS and Android platforms
- Deep experience working with Unity
- Experience with facial scanning capture
- Experience working in Jira
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Downtown Loop location convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume *including* a link to your online portfolio (include a password, if needed). To learn more about Level Ex and meet some of our incredible team click on this link - Why Join Level Ex
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or Recruiters, please.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.