Great location. Great coworkers. Lifesaving apps.
As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level—Level Ex—by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech—collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re looking for a smart, problem-solving Physics Programmer to join our expanding team.
What You’ll Be Doing With Us
- Developing and collaborating on cutting-edge, proprietary physics systems that interact with custom soft-body systems, real-time fluids, shaders, and other technologies for mobile, AR and VR projects
- Writing clear, maintainable, highly functional and portable code towards these systems
- Unleash your deep technical skills and math abilities on a series of challenging problems
Who We Want To Meet
- 4+ years game industry development programming experience, 1+ in Physics specifically
- Deep familiarity with a range of spatial data structures
- Experienced in profiling and optimizing CPU utilization
- Knowledge of physics solver internals and related scientific computing techniques (integration methods, etc.)
- Fluency in two or more of the following: C/C++, C#, HLSL/GLSL/Cg
- Experienced in building multi-threaded, real-time systems
- Excellent 3D math skills in linear algebra, trigonometry and quaternion math
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
Bonus Points For
- Mobile and/or VR experience
- Experience with GPU compute (language, performance considerations, and algorithms) - including CUDA, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Metal-Compute
- Experience writing SIMD optimizations - including on ARM/NEON
- Experience with computational fluid dynamics (particle and/or grid-based)
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.