Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates unrivaled video games for doctors.
Games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
They're so real that NASA, through the Translation Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH), has charged us with building a virtual human simulation framework to simulate changes that occur to the human body in space. Level Ex will expand on this framework to recreate spaceflight medical scenarios for astronauts to train prior to space missions.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat
, League of Legends
, Call of Duty
, Walking Dead
, and Star Wars
. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex
We’re looking for an experienced, problem-solving Senior Physics Engineer to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing With Us
- Developing and collaborating on cutting-edge, proprietary physics systems that interact with custom soft-body systems, real-time fluids, shaders, and other technologies for mobile, AR and VR projects
- Writing clear, maintainable, highly functional and portable code towards these systems
- Unleash your deep technical skills and math abilities on a series of challenging problems
Who We Want To Meet
- 5+ years game industry development programming experience, including at least 2+ in Physics specifically
- Deep familiarity with a range of spatial data structures
- Experienced in profiling and optimizing CPU utilization
- Knowledge of physics solver internals and related scientific computing techniques (integration methods, etc.)
- Fluency in two or more of the following: C/C++, C#, HLSL/GLSL/Cg
- Experienced in building multi-threaded, real-time systems
- Excellent 3D math skills in linear algebra, trigonometry and quaternion math
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
Bonus Points For
- Mobile and/or VR experience
- Experience with GPU compute (language, performance considerations, and algorithms) - including CUDA, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Metal-Compute
- Experience writing SIMD optimizations - including on ARM/NEON
- Experience with computational fluid dynamics (particle and/or grid-based)
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.