Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
They're so real that NASA, through the Translation Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH), has charged us with building a virtual human simulation framework to simulate changes that occur to the human body in space. Level Ex will expand on this framework to recreate spaceflight medical scenarios for astronauts to train prior to space missions.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat
, League of Legends
, Call of Duty
, Walking Dead
, and Star Wars
. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Create a suite of art pipeline and art creation tools to support new methods of high-end art content creation
- Architect proprietary asset pipelines that use the latest art and engine tools efficiently
- Identify ways to make 3D and 2D artists workflows more effective and efficient
- Write scripts to automate multi-step art creation, capture, import, and export processes
- Define technical art creation and format standards across our products and pipelines
- Research, integrate, and configure new art-content systems like particle systems, animation systems, etc.
- Work with the art department to generate glorious asset renders for promotional use
Who We Want To Meet
- 4+ years game industry development experience
- Extensive experience building tools and scripts in Unity, including familiarity with the component model and tool-development functionality (2 years minimum)
- Portfolio of tools and example effects/assets
- Deep familiarity with industry art pipelines - understanding common problems and solutions for asset creation and flow in games built on a rapidly-moving tech stack
- Experience with rigging, lighting, shading, texturing, both in terms of content creation and in-engine configuration
- Comfortable working in Autodesk Maya for both content and tool-creation, including proficiency in Python and MEL
- A strong sense of artistic style and control
- Experience in C#
- Comfortable prototyping and researching new art technology and techniques
- Experience with Substance Designer
Bonus Points For
- Experience with ZBrush or Houdini
- Experience authoring shaders in HLSL, GLSL and/or Cg a major plus
- Technical art experience in creating VR or AR content
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Downtown Loop location convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please submit your resume through the link below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.