Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates unrivaled video games for doctors.
Games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
They're so real that NASA, through the Translation Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH), has charged us with building a virtual human simulation framework to simulate changes that occur to the human body in space. Level Ex will expand on this framework to recreate spaceflight medical scenarios for astronauts to train prior to space missions.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat
, League of Legends
, Call of Duty
, Walking Dead
, and Star Wars
. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex
We’re looking for an experienced, creative Senior Game Designer to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Defining and managing all aspects of gameplay: high-level goals, balance, scoring, controls, and other areas
- Detailing case designs and requirements with supporting documents and reference materials
- Taking charge of scripting gameplay that defines the overall gameplay experience
- Working with our lead product manager identifying game events and data to be tracked in the analytics system for future gameplay optimization
- Coordinating design goals with production, product management, artists, and engineers
- Working with doctors and medical researchers on technical specifications, plus finding ways to incorporate their feedback as part of compelling and exciting gameplay mechanics
Who We Want To Meet
- 6+ years of hands-on game design experience, including senior/lead design roles on mobile and free-to-play/freemium games with an audience of 1M+ players
- Shipped two or more games on mobile, PC, or console platforms
- Deep understanding of the psychology of game design, and experience applying those principles in new kinds of design and game mechanics
- Working knowledge of at least one industry-standard analytics tool (Leanplum, DeltaDNA, Unity Analytics, etc.)
- Experience optimizing and re-balancing a live game product post-launch based on user feedback and data
- Experience creating, revising and maintaining game design documentation
- Proven ability to document and communicate design ideas, and make smart tradeoffs
- Experience communicating and championing the larger vision of games across numerous types of stakeholders
Bonus Points For
- Experience doing technical and or simulation-based game design
- Unity or UE4 in-engine experience
- Economy design experience
- C# experience
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.