Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
They're so real that NASA, through the Translation Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH), has charged us with building a virtual human simulation framework to simulate changes that occur to the human body in space. Level Ex will expand on this framework to recreate spaceflight medical scenarios for astronauts to train prior to space missions.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat
, League of Legends
, Call of Duty
, Walking Dead
, and Star Wars
. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex
We’re now looking for a talented, problem-solving Senior Graphics Engineer to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing With Us
- Create elements of the human body in extreme detail in a real-time, rendered environment: including tissue, blood, and fluids
- Create new shaders, shader nodes, and materials for a wide range of surfaces and visual effects
- Work closely with the art team to prototype new techniques and establish texture/modeling pipelines for production shaders
- Implement performance optimizations on various mobile devices and VR
Who We Want To Meet
- 6+ years of game industry development experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience authoring shaders in HLSL, GLSL and/or Cg.
- Deep 3D math skills (linear algebra, matrix/vector math, trigonometry, etc.)
- Background in computer graphics, including the fundamentals of lighting models, ray tracing, rasterization, texture mapping, and shading
- Basic understanding of GPU architecture
- Experience with shader performance and debugging tools
Bonus Points For
- Experience with visual shader editors (UE4, Shader Forge, or ShaderMonkey)
- Unity or UE4 experience
- Mobile shader development/optimization experience
- 3D Graphics API experience (OpenGL or DirectX)
- Apple Metal experience
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Downtown Loop location convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.